The man The voice The guitar

Chris in Bristol

irhut
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Chris in Bristol

Post by irhut »

Went to see Chris in Bristol last night (Sunday 16th March 2008) He was absolutely fantastic, probably the best I have seen him live. He was very animated on stage and seemed to be really enjoying himself. His guitar work was simply stunning especially in BB Was A Comanche which sent shivers down my back.

I thought the Delmonts bit was fantastic and worked really well, but to be honest I am not sure what the point of the Hofner Bluenotes is. It was Chris Rea doing lots of Chris Rea favorites and very little from the new album, but of course I have no problem with that! Looking for the Summer was really nice to hear live.

The man is a genius!

If you are going to see him live over the next few weeks, then you are in for a real treat!

Ian
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Chris in Bristol

Post by Chris »

A very good review Ian. Short and straight to the point.
For me the Delmonts were to close the gap between the 50s and the 60s; while the FHBN were a vehicle to take everyone on a musical journey into the blues.
I still hope there'll be a 'live' CD from this tour, even if only as a 'limited' edition.
Thank you,
Chris
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

Chris wrote: I still hope there'll be a 'live' CD from this tour, even if only as a 'limited' edition.
I saw him in Brighton on Tuesday: concert was fantastic and a live CD would be so good. After you hear the songs live, the recorded versions aren't as good! Fingers crossed for a live CD or maybe some good recordings will find their way on to the net ;-)
Kev.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

blueskev wrote:
Chris wrote: I still hope there'll be a 'live' CD from this tour, even if only as a 'limited' edition.
I saw him in Brighton on Tuesday: concert was fantastic and a live CD would be so good. After you hear the songs live, the recorded versions aren't as good! Fingers crossed for a live CD or maybe some good recordings will find their way on to the net ;-)
Kev.
------

Hi Kev,

I'm glad you've enjoyed the gig as much as the rest of us here. Knowing, however, that the managers aren't willing to publish yet another 'live' album from the current tour, I would rather rest my hopes now - for the live recordings - with the bootleggers in the East...., in Russia, Belorussia, or the Ukraine. I know that it's not entirely 'legal', but then what is 'legal', in this electronic, computerized and fast moving world, nowadays?
Andrew in St. Petersburg, just let me know, please, what the situation is like.
Thank you,
Chris
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

How exactly do they bootleg a whole concert?

Maybe Chris will agree to record one of the gigs in England? I sure hope so.

Cheers,

Lily B.