The man The voice The guitar

Antwerp concert May 11

alain55
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Antwerp concert May 11

Post by alain55 »

Hi you all :lol:

Yesterday night was the big day: Chris in Antwerp.
I can tell you : couldn't have been better !!!!
Great- great voice, very fine guitar of course, and the general feeling was "pure happiness"
I was glad to be able to see this concert, as due to a nearly fatal illness I couldn't go to the farewell concert in 2006. So, I understand the songs like Easy Rider and Dancing down the Stoney Road, and I do so very well...
Chris looked thin, but oh so vital.... so good- humoured and happy, this will not have been the last visit to Belgium, I suppose ( and I do hope so....).
There was a kind of electricity in the air, during the concert. You know the songs, you know when the guitar will come, you know when the words wiull come, and yet, it is pure magic.
Thanks Chris, you looked good, but I felt just as good !!!!
Bye,
Alain
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: Antwerp concert May 11

Post by lilybee »

So glad you got to see the concert Alain :D Must have been special for you indeed!

No Pictures?

Where's Ronald's Review? !!

Lily B.
alain55
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by alain55 »

[quote="lilybee"]So glad you got to see the concert Alain :D Must have been special for you indeed!

No LittleB, no pictures. I'm just a normal plain 57-year old guy, no computer and other random accessories addict.... I watch, I love it, but I do not record it. My memory is still working.....
But goose pimples are still on my arms, the intensity of the concert, the guitars, the voice, it was very OK.
Much more than words can say.
Love,
Alain
PAB
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by PAB »

Hi everybody,

Yes, Antwerp was great (I don't forget you Bart, the ticket is in the enveloppe).
Second rank, I never was also near, 5 meters of me. Chris was more rock'n'roll than blues this time. Very very "irritated" on its guitar and very dancing too. He seemed in form and happy to be there. I was disappointed (a little) by the clavierist: the sound was very 70's. I would like to see Chris in a "small room" with a setlist more bluesy. It could be nice. Nevertheless, it was a pleasure to be there one time again.
The audience was younger than at FOREST National (Brussels) last year. Good thing. I tested some photographs with my telephone but that did not go. No importance. Everything is in my head.

PAb
alain55
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by alain55 »

[quote="PAB"]Hi everybody,

Yes, Antwerp was great

Well, PAB, if you want the feeling of a small room, with just a few afficioanados and Chris, there's always the 12- book. Intimate. But Chris is not just playing rock or blues, Chris IS rock and blues combined. If he liked the night, which he obviously did very much, who are we to deny him this pleasure ? I consider myself very glad to have been able to see him once again, and above all, in such good shape.... The choice of numbers is always a subject with much reactions, but on the other hand, whatever he brings is excellent, so why should we complain ?
Rock ? Blues ? Something else ? What is the name for this feeling of gratitude and happiness-all-over, when you see Chris go for the guitar with the slide ready... This is life, bigger than life, perhaps, but it is still Chris out there.
Small audiences is a luxury these days. I've seen Yes a dozen times, but once it was in a 1100- seater place, and the result was we had to pay close to 150 euros for a ticket. Very intimate, I was at about 5 metres of the guys I like so much, but at a price.... So, I prefer Chris doing a bit of loud guitars, for a ( little bit) bigger public.
bvermaak
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by bvermaak »

I was in Antwerp yesterday too.
It was my third concert of Chris and he is getting better and better. I was sitting in the first row just in front of Chris. His voice, his dancing body and his guitarplaying were the best. I have never seen someone quitte like Chris. I follow him for ten years now and this was certainly the best concert ever.
The version of Stainby Girls is like the sun in de summer and the sea in spring. He smiled a lot and made a political statement against George Bush and Tony Blair during the song Shadow of a fool and the lyrics get more value.
After the concert I have obtained the plectrum of this concert. I will keep it in the Hofner Bluenotes box.

Tnx Chris see you on London!
Somewhere between highway A2 & a15
PAB
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by PAB »

[quote="bvermaak"]I was in Antwerp yesterday too.

After the concert I have obtained the plectrum of this concert. I will keep it in the Hofner Bluenotes box.

I saw you happy man, I was 2 meters closed to you. I saw the plectrum flying in the air but too far from me.
This is an example for the Board "Technical stuff" (which doesn't interest a lot of people, I have to admit): what does he used now as a plectrum. Before it was a Yellow Dunlop Tortex 73mm. And now? If there are some guitar players around here, that could interest them.

For Alain55

I don't know if you have understood me (my english is not very good, it's true). When I say that I'd like to see Chris Rea in a "smaller room", it's just I think it would be a nice experience to listen to him that way. And about the Blue Guitars Box, mine is closed to be changed (trop souvent écouté).

:lol: PAB
Jo Van Den Haute

Post by Jo Van Den Haute »

I've seen all the concerts from Chris Rea in Belgium since 1978.
Yesterday it was one of his best concerts on Belgiums ground for me.
It's was really the man,the voice and the guitar.
Thanks for the wonderfull evening Chris.
alain55
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by alain55 »

PAB wrote:I don't know if you have understood me (my english is not very good, it's true). When I say that I'd like to see Chris Rea in a "smaller room", it's just I think it would be a nice experience to listen to him that way.
Ah, but yes, PAB, I do know what you mean, and yes, it would be nice to see Chris, in your living room so to speak, but, economically this is not feasible. ( Though it would be a great idea, no ? > as the first price of a contest somewhat, somewhere, somehow )
mrdjenovic
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by mrdjenovic »

I was in antwerp for the concert. It was great, brilliant. Chris was so happy to be here. I was on the first row, I was very lucky . I've seen Chris in Paris first of february and I was very incited to see and hear him again for a second time. And I would like to hear him another and another time ...He is for me the best, so creative, he gives us so many feelings. I hope hear and see him soon in France, may be at the end of the year or next year.
Bye
Evelyne