The man The voice The guitar

St. Petersburg - 26/02

Slava
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

St. Petersburg - 26/02

Post by Slava »

Hallo Rea fans,

It was a great show for us, Chris made the music with all his heart and soul . He again touched his fans deep with his live performance.
This time it was a smaller venue (capacity 3800 ppl) and the ticket prices were from 50Eur up to 420 Euro. I had 3 people with me – 9 row, center, very good view. Each ticket cost 115 Eur. The concert programm – 300 rbl (8,3 Eur). The new HBN album was not for sale.
The negative: Some guys have come with cool blomd girls (two of them wearing furcoats-and that during the show), who know Crhis Rea radio song and have no idea about bluesy sound. So no wonder that in the middle of the show one couple just went away(to heavy for her). The other two talked during the songs… Two years ago it seems that all 14 tsd. were Real fans. This time reaction of the public was not on the high level (too higher price).
But we had again 1std 50 min a legend, that played for us and I just concentrated on the man. His blues struck me to the bones. I liked the first part of the show, The Delmonts. Fresh new sound that catch you and hold. Really impressive.
The show seem to be the same as in Warsaw but “ I can't wait for love” was not the first (in the middle of the second part) and Chris sang it with so deep emotions. HBN have done both part of The road to hell (red edge of the show). Chris danced during the HBN part and we were singing “O the beach” with him. It was just one reprise with two songs On the beach and Let's dance. We have pushed and waited for the second one but the lights went on and it was over.

So it is some top moments of the show.

Best wishes

P.S. Some good photos from Moscow 28/02
http://www.lenta.ru/photo/2008/03/01/cris/04_Jpg.htm
Slava
Last edited by Slava on 06 Mar 2008, 08:03, edited 3 times in total.
With best wishes
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: St. Petersburg - 26/02

Post by lilybee »

Thanks for the post Slava,

Please posts any reviews that come up on magazines or newspaper later on...

Cheers, Lily B.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Slava wrote:Some good fotos from Moscow 28/02
Slava
Hello Slava;

Thanks for the review!

Were these photos taken by you? If so, can I please use them for my website (and if they are yours, please let me know at webmaster@chrisrea.nl your full name, so I can refer to you with the photos - if you want me to of course!)
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Slava
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Slava »

Hi Bart,

the photos not taken by me, i"ve found it on this webside (lenta.ru) with the report about Chris Rea concert in Moscow. Very good pro quality. I think you can use it with the remark of the source.

All the best

Slava
With best wishes