The man The voice The guitar

After concert comments

Gerby
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

After concert comments

Post by Gerby »

Hi!

I went ot the first concert in Luxembourg yesterday.
I must admit I'm a bit disappointed...The concert can be qualified as an "ordinary" concert by Chris Rea.The only difference is the support act by Chris himself and a band called (at that time) The Delmonts.They played instrumentals during half an hour.Those musicians and the Hofner Blue Notes are exactly the same...
The second part and the concert himself didn't bring any surprises, old popular songs everybody know and much less Chris new bluesy style. I expected more of that music I must admit.
Anyway the quality of sound , music and performance was fantastic and I'm sure you will enjoy the show anyway.
These are the songs played yesterday:

First part with The Delmonts:

Dirty new towm
008 Jimmy Bond
Indie Arab
Pink guitar
Russian roulette
Black wave heroes
French football
BB was a commanche
It's behind you

Second part with the HBN

I can't wait for love
Where the blues comes from
Josephine
Easy rider
Julia
Stony road
Looking for the summer
The shadow of a fool
Stainsby girls
The road to hell
On the beach
Let's dance
Fool (if you think...)

2 hours sharp of a great show but without surprise.
The good thing for you is that this concert was the first so maybe it will change a bit after a few dates.

For thoses interested the new earbook is on sale before (or after) the show at 59€ + other merchandising stuff.

Hope you will enjoy the concert you will go to.

Gerby
Last edited by Gerby on 19 Feb 2008, 18:00, edited 3 times in total.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: After concert comments

Post by Chris »

Thank you Gerby for your summary.
Take care,
Chris
Peter S...
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Re: After oncert comments

Post by Peter S... »

On the farewell tour Chris performed Moon River for the first couple of shows but dropped it completely because he was not happy with the sound.

Cannot see him changing this set by much.

Two questions, are the oldies as played in the farewell tour or has he re arranged them? and while performing The Delmonts numbers is he dressed as the earbook cover?

Regards,

Peter S...
Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind the guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Down on the beach
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Gerby wrote:I went ot the first concert in Luxembourg yesterday.

Gerby
Hi Gerby,
Oh dear! This was exactly what I hoped it would not be.But at least there are some good songs in there.The likes of Stony Road and Where The Blues Come From for example.Did you buy the Earbook at the concert and if so maybe you would like to comment on it please. :) :)
Kind regards
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Gerby
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by Gerby »

Peter S... wrote:On the farewell tour Chris performed Moon River for the first couple of shows but dropped it completely because he was not happy with the sound.

Cannot see him changing this set by much.

Two questions, are the oldies as played in the farewell tour or has he re arranged them? and while performing The Delmonts numbers is he dressed as the earbook cover?

Regards,

Peter S...
Hi Peter !

yes,the oldies as "Josephine" or "Julia" are played as during the "Farewell Tour".
During the first part of the show Chris wore a light black jacket and dropped it for a t-shirt promoting his label Jazee Blue for the rest of the concert.

Regards,

Gerby
Gerby
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by Gerby »

Tina3 wrote:
Gerby wrote:I went ot the first concert in Luxembourg yesterday.

Gerby
Hi Gerby,
Oh dear! This was exactly what I hoped it would not be.But at least there are some good songs in there.The likes of Stony Road and Where The Blues Come From for example.Did you buy the Earbook at the concert and if so maybe you would like to comment on it please. :) :)
Kind regards
Hi Tina,

of course there were good songs ! I was especially happy to hear "All summer long".Chris sang it perfectly.
I didn't buy the Earbook because I already pre-ordered on the Amazon UK website.... :( Anyway, it was possible to have a look at it and all I can say it's that it 's worth its money and it looks as nice as Blue Guitars !
The t-shirts are really nice.On the front you have the cover of the Earbooks and on the back the dates of the tour.
Take care,

Gerby
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Gerby
By any chance did you get a chance to see what songs are on the Vinyl L.P's So far no one is making any comment about them.The more people don't mention them the more curious I get.
Kind regards
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

hi tina
Regarding the 2 vinyl discs on fhbn, they are the same tracks as cd1 in the box.
But i was speaking to one of the guys at edel records on the phone yesterday and he said that even though they are the same songs they definitely sound different between vinyl and cd !!!!!!!!
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

alan1958 wrote:hi tina
Regarding the 2 vinyl discs on fhbn, they are the same tracks as cd1 in the box.
But i was speaking to one of the guys at edel records on the phone yesterday and he said that even though they are the same songs they definitely sound different between vinyl and cd !!!!!!!!

Hi Alan,
Thank you for that information :) I thought it might be something like that.That is good news as we all know Chris can make a song sound many different ways.Time to take out the turntable I think.I can hardly wait but Friday is not too far away.
Kind regards
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

I was at Dortmund. And it was great. I hope the other gigs will be as good as Dortmund.

Setlist has changed a little bit. Fool was not played :( because of some problems with the song. Do not know what exactly.

Maybe bart knows something about it.
Gerby
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by Gerby »

pizzaaddi wrote:I was at Dortmund. And it was great. I hope the other gigs will be as good as Dortmund.

Setlist has changed a little bit. Fool was not played :( because of some problems with the song. Do not know what exactly.

Maybe bart knows something about it.
Hi pizzaadi,
I'm glad to read that you enjor the gig.
Do you agree with the comments I wrote on top of that topic ?
Best regards,
Gerby