The man The voice The guitar

Will I be the first one to see the concert ?

Gerby
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Will I be the first one to see the concert ?

Post by Gerby »

Well it's seems I'll be the only one among us to attempt the concert in Luxembourg on the 31st so I'll be the first member of this foruml to see Chris and the Hofner Blue Notes !!!! 8)
Don't worry I'll post to tell how it was !
gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: Will I be the first one to see the concert ?

Post by gjvg »

Hi Gerby,

Normally we would ask you to put a set-list on the forum, so we know which songs we can expect at the gigs. But I think it will be very difficult this time, because a lot of the songs will be new (at least when CR plays with the Delmonts) and his new album will only be released after the gigs in Luxembourg and even after Amsterdam :-(

But with de HBN I think he will play some older stuff....I'm curious which ones ;-)

grtz
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Gerby,
I have a few questions.How does it feel going to a Chris Rea concert not knowing the majority of songs that are going to be sung.Are you looking forward to it as much as you would if you knew what songs might be sung or is it a case thats because its Chris that will be enough??.i hope you enjoy the show and can't wait to hear your review.
Kind regards
Tina. :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Gerby
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by Gerby »

gjvg wrote:Hi Gerby,

Normally we would ask you to put a set-list on the forum, so we know which songs we can expect at the gigs. But I think it will be very difficult this time, because a lot of the songs will be new (at least when CR plays with the Delmonts) and his new album will only be released after the gigs in Luxembourg and even after Amsterdam :-(

But with de HBN I think he will play some older stuff....I'm curious which ones ;-)

grtz

Hi gjvg !

I posted a set list after I attempted the gig from the "Farewell Tour" but this time I think it won't be easy as IMO there will probably be only new stuff that as you we will only discover on the new album .
Wait and see...I'll post my comments on Feb 1st for sure ! :D

regards,
Gerby
Gerby
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by Gerby »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Gerby,
I have a few questions.How does it feel going to a Chris Rea concert not knowing the majority of songs that are going to be sung.Are you looking forward to it as much as you would if you knew what songs might be sung or is it a case thats because its Chris that will be enough??.i hope you enjoy the show and can't wait to hear your review.
Kind regards
Hi Tina !

I'm getting more and more nervous now.The concert is next week ! Of course going to concert only based on the name of Chris rea is enough for me but this time it will be different because I don't know what I'll hear.Chris will only play new stuff from the next album I think but I may be wrong.I don't expect hearing "On the beach" or "Josephine" and in a way that's good because I want to hear something different.I enjoyed very much the "Farewell Tour" gig.It was the best concert I attempted.The coming one won't be disappointing and (I don't know why)I'm sure it will be a surprising one.

Regards,

Gerby
gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by gjvg »

Gerby,
Don't know if you can read dutch (you're from Belgium?).

This is what I found on Internet.
Looks like Chris is doing some of his classic songs too.

The Delmonts openen de avond. Met deze groep brengt Chris Rea zijn favoriete instrumentale nummers uit de surf en rythm en blues van de jaren 60 en 70. Het concert van The Delmonts loopt vervolgens over in dat van The Fabulous Hofner Bluenotes, dat andere project waar Chris Rea zich met hart en ziel voor inzet en waarin ook zijn grote klassiekers een plaatsje vinden. Afspraak voor een avond Chris Rea op zijn best
Gerby
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by Gerby »

Thanks for the article.
I still have some dutch basis from school. 8)
I'm a bit surprised to see that some old songs will be played.Chris' fans now are familiar with his bluesy songs and personaly I prefer that part of his work now.I'm still OK for a new version of old songs as he did with "Julia" during the previous tour.
So after your post I'm even more excited about next week show !

Regards,

Gerby
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi gerby,
I feel the same as you.I much prefer Chris's music now but it will be interesting to see if he has changed any more songs other than the ones he has already done.I look forward to reading your review next week.Take care
Kind regards
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Peter S...
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Peter S... »

Hi,

I have been lucky enough to hear a couple of the new songs via a e-friend who has a promo copy of the new cds, and its no surprise that it sounds good.

So you have Nothing To Fear about not knowing the new stuff.
Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind the guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Down on the beach
Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by Müfo »

I`ll go to Esch/ Luxembourg, too. Well, I find it very exciting to listen to songs I´ve never heard before. So I also hope that he plays some other old songs than ,,Road to hell" and ,,On the beach" which we have heard so often, yet. What about the fabulous ,,90ies blues" or ,,Guitar street"(the old version) which would i.m.o. suit perfect to his new style.
I´ll also visit Antwerpen, where I´m able to STAND (for only 29 Euros)- I`m very thankful for that cause it`s a Rock Concert, isn`t it
Reagards from Trier to you all out there
Jan
Gerby
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by Gerby »

Hi Jan,

hope you have a good seat for the gig in ...48 hours :D .If you want to know what you will hear go to the new topic I added "What we will hear..." I'm sure we will enjoy !
If you want to "meet and greet" just mail me it will be with pleasure.
Kind regards
Gerby