The man The voice The guitar

Selling of the new album

pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Selling of the new album

Post by pizzaaddi »

Hi,

it seems to me that the new earbook is not selling so much copies as BLUE GUITARS.

On amazon.de you can see the ranking . Now its only on place 485 in books. Amazon.co.uk place 115 in music.

I can remember that Blue Guitars was in the first week in the 40`s.

What do you think ???

Hope it sells so good that Chris will release another one of his earbooks.

Greets

Adrian
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Selling of the new album

Post by Chris »

pizzaaddi wrote:Hi,

it seems to me that the new earbook is not selling so much copies as BLUE GUITARS.

On amazon.de you can see the ranking . Now its only on place 485 in books. Amazon.co.uk place 115 in music.

I can remember that Blue Guitars was in the first week in the 40`s.

What do you think ???

Hope it sells so good that Chris will release another one of his earbooks.

Greets

Adrian
---------

Hi Adrian,
The tour has only just began, but radio stations are not playing the "new Chris Rea" songs. To be honest, I have not heard a single song from the earbook. I think it might not be selling well due to poor distribution. The idea for flexible release dates in different parts of Europe, in my opinion, was wrong. It looks like the overall promotion on the continent, in he US, Canadian and other markets had been neglected. The album was not well synchronized with the tour. It should have been released before Chris went on the road.
So, it all contributed to a false start but eventually the sale will pick up.
Best regards,
Chris
Jutta
Translator
Translator

Post by Jutta »

Oh no Chris, you are wrong. The new album is the CD of the week on a very popular radio-programme in Germay (HR1). Today I heard "The shadow of a fool" for example. On saturday (I dont know if its the next saturday) they will also give a short report about the CD and the tour on HR3 .

Be cool!
Jutta
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Chris R. is a smart business man. The HBN book will do just fine, it's just a slow start.
He's right when he says people don't want CDs anymore, too boring; and MP3s too easy to download without paying. Chris Rea connoisseurs stick to his music and not the industry's critics. Most of us will go all the way and buy the turn table, no way to bootleg that, :D

Lily B.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Jutta wrote:Oh no Chris, you are wrong. The new album is the CD of the week on a very popular radio-programme in Germay (HR1). Today I heard "The shadow of a fool" for example. On saturday (I dont know if its the next saturday) they will also give a short report about the CD and the tour on HR3 .

Be cool!
Jutta
Hi Jutta,

I'm glad to hear this is happening! Perhaps I've seen it from a different perspective. I meant radio stations right here, locally, where I live right now.
After all it was Germany where Chris was discovered back in the 80s. and had his commercial success, therefore I'm not surprised they are still playing him.
And as far as fans; well we'll pick his recordings regardless of the critics' choice.
Best regards to you,
Chris