pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Another Interview with Chris abaout Tour and new plans

Post by pizzaaddi »

Here is teh link:

http://www.net-tribune.de/article/090108-120.php

The concert will last nearly 3 hours.

Wir werden mit den Delmonts anfangen. Dann kommen die Hofner Blue Notes und dann Chris Rea mit einigen neuen Versionen alter Lieder. Es wird eine kleine Reise von 19.30 bis 22.30 Uhr.

An he has plans to bring out 3 new books with DVD`s.

Ich habe bereits drei weitere Bücher begonnen. Wir werden das Konzept mit DVDs erweitern. Ein Buch befasst sich mit Straßenkultur und heißt «The Last Open Road». Da gib es verschiedene Musikstile zu unterschiedlichsten Straßen, darunter übrigens auch Alpenstraßen. Das andere heißt «On The Beach» und ist all den unterschiedlichen Strandkulturen gewidmet. Man kann es hören und sehen: Die Strände des Indischen Ozeans, die Australiens, und auch die der Ostsee.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: Another Interview with Chris abaout Tour and new plans

Post by lilybee »

Too bad I don't speak German! :(

Lily
Scott, UK
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Scott, UK »

Hi

Here is a Google translation of the page. It gives you the Germa first then a rough English translation It's not perfect but it gives you an idea!!

09 Januar 2008 January 2008
Ohne Musik hat Chris Rea nichts Without music has nothing Chris Rea

Frankfurt - Seit Ende der 70er Jahre macht Chris Rea Musik, hat mehr als 30 Millionen Tonträger verkauft. Frankfurt - since the late 70s makes Chris Rea music, has more than 30 million records sold. Sein Soft-Rock prägte das Gefühl der 80er Jahre mit, er war Rockstar und doch nie so richtig glücklich mit der Vermarktung seiner Musik. His Soft Rock coined the feeling of the'80s, he was rock star but never really happy with the marketing of his music. Es war eine schwere Krankheit, die eine musikalische Wiedergeburt auslöste: 2002 stellte er in Montreux sein Blues-Album «Stony Road» vor. It was a serious disease, a musical rebirth triggered: 2002 in Montreux, he his blues album "Stony Road". Ein radikaler Neubeginn des inzwischen fast 57-jährigen Slide-Gitarristen, der auch von der ihm nicht immer gewogenen englischen Presse anerkannt wurde. A radical new beginning of what has become a nearly 57-year slide guitarists, including his not always weighed British press has been recognised.

Heute ist Rea dankbar für seinen Erfolg in jenen Jahren, «in denen noch richtig viele Schallplatten verkauft wurden». Today Rea is grateful for his success in those years, "where many still correct records were sold." Denn er ermöglicht ihm, mit der Konzeption von Musikbüchern neue Wege in einem Musikmarkt zu gehen, der nicht mehr von der Album-Kultur der zweiten Hälfte des vergangenen Jahrhunderts getragen wird. Because it allows him to the conception of music books in a new way to market music, which is no longer part of the album culture of the second half of the past century into account. Nach dem Musikbuch «Blue Guitars» mit elf CDs aus dem Jahr 2006 veröffentlicht Rea nun mit «The Return of the Fabulous Hofner Blue Notes» seine zweite Kombination eines hochwertigen Bildbandes mit einem musikalischen Konzept, mit dem er Anfang Februar auf deutsche Bühnen kommt. Hier der Wortlaut eines Interviews mit Rea, das Mitte Dezember in seinem Studio bei London geführt wurde. Here is the text of an interview with Rea, the mid-December in his studio at London led.

Die Rückkehr der fabelhaften Hofner Blue Notes - das klingt sehr programmatisch. The return of the fabulous Hofner Blue Notes - that sounds very programmatic.

Rea: Es ist eine Art Geschichte: Da ist eine Band, die Delmonts, junge Burschen, die Shadows- und Ventures-Instrumentals mit alten Hofner-Gitarren spielen. Rea: It is a kind of history: There is a band, the Delmonts, young boys, the Shadows and venture-Instrumentals with old Hofner guitars. Das ist so 1959, 1960, und dann entwickeln sie sich zu einer Blues-Band so um 1965, 1966. This is 1959, 1960, and then develop it into a blues band to the 1965, 1966. Es ist die Geschichte des Sounds dieser Ära. It is the story of the sounds of this era. Wir bringen das sogar auf Vinyl heraus: Zu dem Buch gehören drei Schallplatten und drei CDs. We bring even on the vinyl out: The book has three records and three CDs.

Der Band ist sehr aufwendig, sehr repräsentativ - etwas, was man vorzeigen kann. The band is very expensive, very representative - something that you can show.

Rea: Und genießen! Rea: And enjoy! Es ist das Gegenteil von Downloads aus dem Internet, das Gegenteil vom iPod. It is the opposite of downloads from the Internet, the opposite of the iPod. Es hat sehr gut mit den «Blue Guitars» funktioniert, es ist kein Nischenmarkt: Wir haben 165.000 Musikbücher für 35 Euro verkauft. It has very well with the "Blue Guitar" works, it is not a niche market: We have 165,000 music books sold for 35 euros. Ich hoffe, das Konzept zu einer Art Plattenfirma weiter zu entwickeln, andere Künstler zu finden, die ein Musikbuch machen wollen. I hope that the concept into a kind of record company continues to develop other artists to find a music book want to do. Denn es gibt einem so viel künstlerische Freiheit, es gibt keine Beschränkung auf zehn Lieder auf einer CD. Because there is a so much artistic freedom, there is no restriction on ten songs on a CD.

Ist es ein reines Instrumental-Album? Is it a purely instrumental album?

Rea: Ja, die Delmonts-Platte. Rea: Yes, the Delmonts plate. Kein Lied darauf ist länger als drei Minuten, alles peppig und voller Spaß. No song that is longer than three minutes, everything peppig and full of fun. Bei den anderen beiden nehmen wir die Shadows und stellen uns vor, wie die mit BB King als Lead-Gitarrist geklungen hätten. For the other two, we take the Shadows and introduce ourselves, as the BB King as lead guitarist had tingled. Es ist wie die Musik für einen James-Bond-Film, nur halt mit Slide-Gitarre. It's like the music for a James Bond film, with only halt slide guitar. Und mehr als alles andere ist es Musik, für die wir leben. And more than anything else, it is music for which we live.

Das hat seit mindestens drei Jahrzehnten niemand mehr gemacht. That has been at least three decades, no one made.

Rea: Es ist ein Riesenspaß, und die Leute wollen so was. Rea: It is a great fun, and people want something. Ich habe bereits drei weitere Bücher begonnen. I already have three more books started. Wir werden das Konzept mit DVDs erweitern. We will approach with DVDs. Ein Buch befasst sich mit Straßenkultur und heißt «The Last Open Road». A book deals with street culture and is called "The Last Open Road". Da gib es verschiedene Musikstile zu unterschiedlichsten Straßen, darunter übrigens auch Alpenstraßen. Since give it different styles of music on a variety of roads, including also Alpine roads. Das andere heißt «On The Beach» und ist all den unterschiedlichen Strandkulturen gewidmet. The other is called "On The Beach" and is all the different cultures beach. Man kann es hören und sehen: Die Strände des Indischen Ozeans, die Australiens, und auch die der Ostsee. You can hear and see: The beaches of the Indian Ocean, Australia, and also the Baltic. Und es ist Kunst, geschaffen, um Freude zu machen. And it is art, created to pleasure. Ich bin für den Erfolg der «Blue Guitars» so dankbar. I am for the success of the "Blue Guitar" so grateful. Jede Plattenfirma sagte: «Weniger als 5.000. Each record company said: "Less than 5,000. Nische.» 165.000 sind aber viel mehr als das.... Niche. "165,000, but much more than that ... Es hat bewiesen, was ich so höre. It has proved so what I hear. Ich gehe ja raus unter die Leute. I do indeed get out to people. Ich baue gerne Brunnen, also gehe ich in Baumärkte, ich gehe in Pubs. I like to build wells, so I go into DIY, I go to pubs. Und ich höre, dass die Leute immer noch Musik wollen, aber nicht mehr unbedingt eine CD, die meist noch nicht mal mit einem Booklet kommt. And I hear that people still want music, but not necessarily a CD that usually not even a booklet. Ich habe gesehen, wie es Elton John mit seinem letzten Album gegangen ist: Er war sehr zufrieden mit seiner Arbeit und arbeitete hart, um dafür zu werben. I have seen how it Elton John with his last album went: He was very satisfied with his work and has worked hard to give to the masses. Und es passierte nichts. And it did nothing. Und die Business-Leute fragten sich: «Was haben wir falsch gemacht?» Ich habe die beste Marktforschung zu Hause, zwei Töchter (geboren 1983 und 1989). And the business people asked themselves: "What have we done wrong?" I have the best market research at home, two daughters (born 1983 and 1989). Für die steht eine CD nicht über einer Packung Süßigkeiten - weil die Industrie sie billig gemacht hat. For a CD is not about a pack of candy - because the industry has made it cheap.

Billig mag sein, was man oft bekommt - man muss aber einen ordentlichen Preis dafür bezahlen. Cheap may be what you often get - but you have a proper price to pay.

Rea: Der Anfang vom Ende war, als man mit Hilfe von Computern den Rhythmus eines Spice-Girls-Songs so spannend wie einen Stevie-Wonder-Track machen konnte. Rea: The beginning of the end, as with the help of computers, the rhythm of a Spice Girls songs as exciting as a Stevie Wonder-track could make. Bis dahin hat es die kommerziellen Pop-Leute nicht interessiert, ob der Bassist ein gutes Feeling hatte oder nicht. Until then, it has the commercial pop people are not interested in whether the bass player had a good feeling or not. Sie haben ihre Disco-Platten gemacht und uns (Musiker) hat das nicht weiter berührt. They have their plates disco and made us (players) did not further affected. Als sie aber durch den Computer die Möglichkeit bekamen, Platten zu machen, die musikalisch wie von einer wirklich guten Band klangen, war es vorbei. As they do with the computer got the opportunity, plate making, musically as a band sounded really good, it was over.

Aber Sie sind doch vor allem live weiterhin sehr erfolgreich. But you are above all continue to live very successfully. Auch Paul McCartney hat in den letzten Jahren mehr mit Konzerten als mit CDs verdient. Even Paul McCartney has in the last few years, with more concerts than with CDs deserves. Sein letztes Album hat er dann bei Starbucks verkaufen lassen. His last album, he then at Starbucks sell.

Rea: Hoffnungslos! Rea: Hoffnungslos! Es ist halt nur eine CD. There is only one stop CD. Als ich vor zwei Wochen auf dem Flughafen war habe ich gesehen, wie sie Paul-McCartney-CDs zu Ramschpreisen verkauften. When I was two weeks ago at the airport, I was seen as Paul McCartney CDs Ramschpreisen sold. Ich dachte: Er sollte aufhören. I thought he should stop. Selbst Paul McCartney, der immer so schlau war, weiß nicht, dass es vorbei ist. Even Paul McCartney, who was always so smart, do not know that it is over. Das CD-Spiel ist vorbei. The CD game is over.

Und Sie haben also mehr als eine Nische gefunden und etwas gemacht, was bisher niemand gewagt hat. And you have more than a niche and found something done what nobody dared. Eine Plattenfirma würde mehr als 35 Euro für so ein Musikbuch verlangen. A record company would be more than 35 euros for such a music book.

Rea: Ja. Rea: Yes. Wissen Sie, warum ich das machen kann? You know why I do? Weil ich Erfolg hatte. Because I had success. Ich bin glücklich über meinen Erfolg, ich habe Grund, dankbar für die alten Tage zu sein. I am happy about my success, I have reason grateful for the old days. Es gibt mir die Möglichkeit, meinen Teil umsonst beizusteuern. It gives me the opportunity, my part in vain them. Ich entwerfe das Buch, ich mache all die Musik, und ich verdiene nichts damit. I design the book, I do all the music, and I do not deserve it. Aber ich liebe es, das zu machen. But I love it, too.

Zur bevorstehenden Tournee: Was werden Sie spielen? For the upcoming tour: What will you play?

Rea: Wir werden mit den Delmonts anfangen. Rea: We will start with the Delmonts. Dann kommen die Hofner Blue Notes und dann Chris Rea mit einigen neuen Versionen alter Lieder. Then come the Hofner Blue Notes, and then Chris Rea with some new versions of old songs. Es wird eine kleine Reise von 19.30 bis 22.30 Uhr. It will take a short break from 19.30 to 22.30.

Sammeln Sie Hofner-Gitarren? Collect Hofner guitars?

Rea: Ich habe damit jetzt angefangen. Rea: I have now begun. Meine erste Gitarre war eine Hofner. My first guitar was a Hofner. Das war alles, was ich mir leisten konnte. That was all I could afford. Und das ist der Hauptgrund, warum dieses Gitarren so ikonisch wurden: Weil sie von so vielen Jungen gekauft wurden, die sie mit einem Traum von Musik kauften. And that's the main reason why this guitar was so iconic: Because so many of them boys were purchased, with a dream of music bought. George Harrison hat mir einmal gesagt, der Sound der Beatles wäre ganz anders gewesen, wenn sie sich damals (Fender) Stratocaster hätten leisten können. George Harrison once told me, the sound of the Beatles would have been very different if they had (Fender) Stratocaster would afford. Die Verwendung von Gretsch- und Hofner-Gitarren war ein Zufall. The use of Gretsch and Hofner guitars was a coincidence. Und es ist einer dieser wunderbaren künstlerischen Zufälle. And it is one of those wonderful artistic coincidences. Die Hofner wird immer viel bedeuten. The Hofner will always mean much.

Bei der Abschiedstour des Rockstars Chris Rea sagten Sie, Sie müssten auf Ihre Gesundheit mehr Rücksicht nehmen. During the farewell tour of rock stars Chris Rea said, you have more on your health into consideration. Hat es eine Besserung gegeben? Is it an improvement?

Rea: Ich bin in den vergangenen zwei Jahren mit Medikamenten besser eingestellt worden. Rea: I am in the past two years has been better medicines. Es ist aber immer noch schlecht. But it is still bad. Ich habe große Probleme, weil ich ohne Bauchspeicheldrüse leben muss. I have big problems, because I live without a pancreas. Ohne Musik habe ich nichts. Without music, I have nothing. Also bin ich vorsichtig und halte mich fit - ich gehe fünf Mal die Woche ins Fitness-Studio. So I am cautious and keep me fit - I go five times a week into the gym. Ich hasse es! I hate it! Wenn es jemals eine neue Bauchspeicheldrüse geben sollte, gebe ich eine große Party und verbrenne meine Laufschuhe. If there is ever a new pancreas should give, I give a big party and verbrenne my running shoes.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Cool! 8) Thanks so much Scott!

Lily
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

lilybee wrote:Too bad I don't speak German! :(

Lily
Without music Chris Rea has nothing

Frankfurt - Since end of the 70s does Chris Rea Musik, has sold more than 30 million sound carriers. His soft rock stamped the feeling of the 80s with, he never was a rock star and, nevertheless, so really happily with the marketing of his music. It was a heavy illness which released a musical rebirth: In 2002 he introduced in Montreux his blues album "Stony Road". A radical fresh start of the Slide guitarist nearly 57-year-old in the meantime who was also recognized by the press weighed to him English not always.

Today Rea is thankfully for his success during those years, « in those still properly many records were sold ». Since he enables to him to go with the concept of music books new ways in a music market which is carried no more by the album culture of the second half of the last century. After the music book "Blue Guitars" with eleven CDs from the year 2006 Rea now with "The Return of the Fabulous Hofner Blue Notes" publishes his second combination of a high-quality illustrated book with a musical draft with which he comes at the beginning of February on German stages. Here the text of an interview with Rea which was led at the middle of December in his studio near London.

The return of the splendid Hofner Blue Notes - this sounds very programmatic.

Rea: It is a kind of history: There is a volume, the Delmonts, young fellows which play Shadows-and Ventures-Instrumentals with old Hofner guitars. This is so in 1959, in 1960, and then they develop to a blues tape thus about 1965, in 1966. It is the history of the sound of this era. We bring out even on vinyl: Three records and three CDs belong to the book.

The volume is very costly, very representative - something what one can show.

Rea: And enjoy! It is the opposite of downloads from the Internet, the opposite from iPod. It has functioned very well with "Blue Guitars", it is no bad market: We have sold 165,000 music books for 35 euros. I hope to develop the draft to a kind of record company, to find other artists who want to do a music book. Since there is to a so much artistic freedom, there is no restriction on ten songs on a CD.

Is it a pure instrumental album?

Rea: Yes, the Delmonts record. No song on it is longer than three minutes, all lively and full fun. With other both we take the Shadows and imagine how with B.B.King as a Lead guitarist would have sounded. It is like the music for a James Bond film, only just with Slide guitar. And more than all other it is the music for which we live.

Nobody has done this for at least three decades.

Rea: It is a Riesenspaß, and the people want something like that. I have already begun three other books. We will extend the draft with DVDs. A book deals with street culture and calls "The Last Open Road". There give it different music styles to the most different streets, under it, by the way, also to Alpine routes. The other calls "On The Beach" and is dedicated to all different beach cultures. One can hear it and see: The beaches of the Indian ocean, Australia, and also those of the Baltic Sea. And art, is created to do joy. I am so grateful for the success of "Blue Guitars". Every record company said: « Less than 5,000- copies. » However, 165,000 are even more than this.... It has proved what I hear so. I go out among the people. I build with pleasure well, go thus I to property markets, I go to pubs. And I hear that the people still want music, but no more absolutely a CD which does not come mostly yet sometimes with a booklet. I have seen how it has gone for Elton John with
his last album: He was very contented with his work and worked hard to advertise to it. And it happened nothing. And the business people asked themselves: « What have we made wrong? » I have the best market research at home, two daughters (born in 1983 and 1989). For that does not stand a CD about a packing of sweets - because the industry has made them cheap.

It may be cheap what one often gets - however, one must pay a well-arranged price of it.

Rea: The beginning from the end was when one could do the rhythm of a Spice Girls songs as full of suspense as a Stevie Wonder track with the help of computers. Till then it has not interested the commercial pop people whether the bassist had a good feeling or not. They have done her disco records and to us (musician) has not touched further. When they got, however, by the computer the possibility to do records which sounded musically like from a really good volume, it was over.

But, nevertheless, you are very successful above all live furthermore. Also Paul McCartney has earned during the last years more with concerts than with CDs. His last album allowed to he then with Starbucks sell.

Rea: Hopelessly! It is just only one CD. When I two weeks ago on the airport was I have seen how they sold Paul McCartney CDs for junk prices. I thought: He should stop. Even Paul McCartney who was always so clever does not know that it is over. The CD play is over.

And you have found more than one niche and have done something what up to now nobody has ventured. A record company would require more than 35 euros for such a music book.

Rea: Yes. Do you know, why I can do this? Because I succeeded. I am happy about my success, I have reason to be thankfully for the old days. There is to me the possibility to contribute my part free of charge. I sketch the book, I do all music, and I earn nothing with it. But I love to do this.

To the forthcoming tour: What will you play?

Rea: We will start the Delmonts. Then there come the Hofner Blue Notes and then Chris Rea with some new versions of old songs. It becomes a small trip of 19.30 to 22.30 o'clock.

Do you collect Hofner guitars?

Rea: Now I have started this. My first guitar was a Hofner. This was everything what I could afford. And this is the principal reason, why of these guitars became thus iconic: Because they were bought from so many boys whom they bought with a dream of music. George Harrison has said to me once, the sound of the Beatles would have been completely different if they could have afforded at that time (fender) Stratocaster. The use from Gretsch-and Hofner guitars was a chance. And it is one of these miraculous artistic chances. The Hofner will signify always a lot.

With the resignation tour of the rock star Chris Rea you said, you would have to take more consideration on your health. Has there been an improvement?

Rea: I have better been put during the past two years with drugs. However, it is still bad. I have big problems because I must live without pancreas. Without music I have nothing. Thus I am careful and keep myself fit - I go five times the week to the fitness studio. I hate it! If there should one day be a new pancreas, I give a big party and burn my run shoes.

Have fun all ! :)

Mr. Blues from Finland
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

Thanks Mr Blues :D , I can't wait to hear the new stuff and for the concerts.
Cheers,
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

I'm glad he's "thankful" for his old songs now, and that he's even doing new versions of them for the concerts. (I thought he was done with them.) Can't wait to hear and see the concerts, even if it's only on video for me!

Lily