dREAm fan

Re: FABULOUS HOFNER BLUENOTES

Post by pizzaaddi »

Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

pizzaaddi wrote:Something i found today...
... as was posted on the main page yesterday !! :D :D :D
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by gjvg »

pfff, we don't have the opportunity te hear his new songs in advance, cause we are going to the gig in Amsterdam (2/2/08)
The new box is not announced yet in Holland.

grtz
GJvG
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hello everyone,

Obviously, I'll be going to the gig in Warsaw on Feb. 20, 2008.
The info on the box-set release date is great!
If I understand it correctly, this 'box-set' will include 3 CD as well as two 10" vinyl recordings, right?
Here's a quote:
(Rea, Chris - The Return Of The Fabulous Hofner Bluenotes (3 CD + 2 x 10" Vinyl))
Best regards,
Chris
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Bart wrote:... Have a look at the front page !! :D :D :D
Certianly have seen it Bart, best price I can find in the uk is at Play.com £33.99 which is 3x cd & 2 x 10'' vinyl set. Not sure what is on the vinyl discs ??

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/3593559 ... oduct.html
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hello to you all,

The way I see it, Chris probably wanted to present us (his fans everywhere) with a special 'bonus." With some vinyl recordings of his newest songs, the way they would be registered and published back in the 50s. In other words: in does pre-compact disc 'ancient' times! That way he is forcing us (in a sense) to pull out our turn tables from attics or basements and hook them up again to our stereo sets, but we will be getting the feeling of the 50s again! I think that Mark Knopfler wanted to do exactly the same, to bring back the 50s feeling, with his "Kill To Get Crimson" CD, but he neglected to issue it in a special package...
I'm old enough to remember how I felt each time I would open a new LP in those days. First I would cut-open the cellophane with the finger nail. Then, I would genteelly pull out a brand new black disc and place it on the turn table. I made sure I had a good industrial diamond 'needle' in order not to scratch the LP right a way! -- I'm not speaking here about the original steel 'needle' because it would be going back in time to the 40s!, you see.
I think we had a different approach to music in those days. We cherished not only the songs but also the colorful sleeves, sometimes with a (surprised) poster of an artist inside. The sleeve was this visual excitement of a new LP. Nowadays, especially when one buys (downloads) songs as MP3 files, all he/she gets is the melody itself in the computer generated format. Today, the visual effect of any recording in done with a video. In the old days there were no videos but radio and TV appearances as well as concerts. Since there are no more pictures, no packages I'm afraid the trill is gone. Forever.
Well, one way or another, I'm pleased he did that for us.
Best regards to all,
Chris
Last edited by Chris on 13 Dec 2007, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by gjvg »

On http://www.amazon.de i saw the box announced as a socalled EARBOOK.
that's the same concept as his 11 CD-Box Blue Guitars.

They put a picture at the site: 3 CD's (look like vinyl singles) + 2 Vinyl + Book