The man The voice The guitar

FABULOUS HOFNER BLUENOTES

JOHN O'NEILL
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

FABULOUS HOFNER BLUENOTES

Post by JOHN O'NEILL »

HI TRIED TO BUY NEW CD AT HMV, AND TOLD THAT IT HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN, ANYBODY NO WHATS HAPPENED
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: FABULOUS HOFNER BLUENOTES

Post by Chris »

JOHN O'NEILL wrote:HI TRIED TO BUY NEW CD AT HMV, AND TOLD THAT IT HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN, ANYBODY NO WHATS HAPPENED
--------

Hi,

According to previous announcements the new CD (or 2CDs?) was due "in early December."
Best regards,
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everybody,
I found this link so I hope the information in this is more accurate.It says as you said Chris that the release date is December so fingers crossed http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/chris_rea/news/10397.
Kind regards
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Everybody,
I found this link so I hope the information in this is more accurate.It says as you said Chris that the release date is December so fingers crossed http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/chris_rea/news/10397.
Kind regards
-----------

Hi Tina, how are you doing?
Thank you for this link.
Here's what I found about Chris Rea's book, vinyl records and a new CD on English web pages.....

1. "Two years ago, Chris Rea announced his retirement from "doing all the hits" and nailing himself to grueling tour schedules, the main reason being constant health problems. He promised that he would be back, with a more, looser approach, the working title being "The Fireflies". This, 2 years later, has resulted in a new guitar book titled "The Return of the Fabulous Hofner Blue Notes" (dedicated to the iconic early 60's guitar).

It features a new band, and travels through the stylized late 50's instrumental records and on to Miles Davis (yes on a Hofner guitar!). The book will feature real vinyl records and 20 brand new Chris Rea songs. This live concert has been announced to coincide with the release of the book.

The consequences of a serious illness had forced the always reserved and modest performer to adopt a different lifestyle; one that could not be made to fit in with the usual touring business. However, he clearly neither wanted to miss the "Live feeling" entirely, nor was he able to do so. The Fabulous Hofner Blue Notes cater for this need. Together with Robert Ahwai (guitar), Neil Drinkwater (keyboards), Colin Hodgkinson (bass) and Martin Ditcham (Drums) Chris Rea lends his songs a bluesy trace of the Sixties, which is also to a certain extent a tribute to his idol BB King. "That is the music that I have always wanted to play: real, genuine guitar music"."
-----------------
2. "In the past two years, the guitarist has written a new guitar book called 'The Return of The Fabulous Hofner Bluenotes' - dedicated to early 60s guitar - and also including 20 brand new songs, and a new album is due for release this December."
------------------

3. (It is going to be) "an entirely new album containing no fewer than 20 original compositions" (by Chris Rea.)
------------------

4. "He (Chris) prepared over 20 new songs in homage to iconic 60s blues music."

Take care for now,
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris
How are you? I hope you are well and by now have bought your tickets for Chris next year.I am doing well Thank You and have booked tickets for one concert and I hope to get tickets for the Dublin venue tomorrow Wednesday as soon as they go on sale.Thank You for the information about the pending release of Chris's new material.I am looking forward to hearing it as it's from Chris I know it will be good but I have to be honest and say my knowledge is sadly lacking in the field of guitars and music in general.I have to ask about the book as to what kind of book will it be? Will it be a book of guitars chords like a book you could read music from or an information type of book about the history of Blues music. I have only just started to understand what is been talked about in the DVD Strat Masters so I have a long way to go before I understand exactly what Chris is trying to do.Till next time
kind regards
ianr2004
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by ianr2004 »

i certainly hope that the new album isnt just going to be available in vinyl?! i know it sounds more authentic but... i dont have a turntable!! please some one put me out of my misery and tell me there will be a cd?
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi ianr2004,
Greetings from Dublin! By all accounts the new material from Chris will be released in CD format.The only thing is I am not sure if the vinyl and Cd will be released together or on 2 different dates but time will tell.
Kind Regards
Tina
ronald
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by ronald »

Some info found the way into my mailbox:
he says that the release date for the Hofner Blue Notes and the Delmonts is the 28th January and that they are working on finalising the website. Not that he said so but you might anticipate some slippage on one or both if the past is any guide!!
My Chris Rea page: http://www.chrisrea.biz
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Ronald
Thanks for the good news. :) That date would fit in with the start of his tour so it could be correct.I can't see him releasing his new album much later than that or we might not know what he is singing.As for the web site this is the one to support as it's much better maintained then his so called official site.
Kind regards
Tina
Eddief
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Eddief »

I heard from someone (Bart knows that the source is reliable) that some of it sounds Shadows-ish
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

ianr2004
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by ianr2004 »

[quote="Tina3"]
Hi ianr2004,
Greetings from Dublin! By all accounts the new material from Chris will be released in CD format.The only thing is I am not sure if the vinyl and Cd will be released together or on 2 different dates but time will tell.
Kind Regards
Tina
[/quote]

Hi tina,

Thanks for that bit of info, very good news, especially to me :-)
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

a date, finally!

Post by Chris »

pizzaaddi wrote:something i found on amazon.ik

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Return-Chris-Re ... 591&sr=1-1
Hello everyone!

I'm pleased to read this great news.
Thank you for the information,
Chris :D
Irina
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Irina »

Hi guys!! :D
I hope he's gonna come to Russia too 8) before the date was 26 of February...
we are waiting for Chris Rea here in Saint-Petersburg :D !!
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

... Have a look at the front page !! :D :D :D
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)