The man The voice The guitar

Help with different Road to Hell versions

Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Help with different Road to Hell versions

Post by Jim M »

Veegee
One thing to remember as well is that the DVD and CD have the same track list but were taken from different live performances so are slightly different from each other.
We all started wanting the BEST versions of each album but like the rest of us EVENTUALLY YOU'LL WANT IT ALL !! It becomes an obsecion (just ask Lilly) !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Not yet Lily, not yet... :( Hard financial times.

Probably in a month, for my birthday. Unless you have some good bargain :lol:

Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

HI Chris, check your email... :D

Jim M wrote:Veegee
One thing to remember as well is that the DVD and CD have the same track list but were taken from different live performances so are slightly different from each other.
We all started wanting the BEST versions of each album but like the rest of us EVENTUALLY YOU'LL WANT IT ALL !! It becomes an obsecion (just ask Lilly) !
Jim
Now wait a minute Jim!! You're making me sound like some kind of obsessed skyzofan!! :shock:

That's not the case at all, I rather think of it as a connoisseur

Let me clarify a couple of things, while we're at it..... :D

This "hobby" has been an outlet that has helped me a lot in dealing with the recent death of my mother, 2 months ago in April. (She died of pancreatitis, didn't survive the surgery (similar to one of the many Chris had), and was gone in one day; I couldn't be with her at the time) By the way, she liked Chris Rea too.

Somehow I felt a connection here, and decided to find out more about Chris Rea and his "other" music in between, which I had been missing.

It has been very rewarding for me to do this. I get to listen to my favorite musician, not to mention I have learned tons of new software, which is my field of work anyway.

About the collection... well, I have gathered a few bits and pieces that I enjoy, but I'm certainly not "obsessed". The truth is, and as far as I'm concerned, I honestly believe
IT ALL BELONGS TO JOSEPHINE AND JULIA, and their future children.

So that's me in a nutshell....not so nuts after all... :D

Just an opportunity to clarify my image to my friends on this site...you included Jim, thank you... :D

Lily
Last edited by lilybee on 26 Jun 2008, 04:31, edited 2 times in total.
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Lily
Sorry to hear about your mother.
I did not mean anything nasty by my comment rather as we've all discovered one thing leads to another -then you're hooked.
I include myself as a REAaddict !
JIm
veegee77
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by veegee77 »

Liliy, I am also sorry to hear about your mother.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thank you VeeGee, :D and "welcome to the mad world of Chris Rea collections" (... a friend told me that...)

Thank you Jim, no offense taken at all, you didn't know.

I've been meaning to clarify myself for sometime now. I'm aware that I seem very "enthusiastic" about Chris Rea, and didn't want to give the wrong impression, (specially to him!!)

It's just my way of dealing with things, because this hobby is something I can control,
...unlike my mothers death....

Sorry to have gotten off topic, :D

Lily
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

VeeGee
I too enjoy the DVD on my 50" Plasma (not rubbing it in) but for those of us in North America it's as close as we get !
Jim
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

lilybee wrote:I've been meaning to clarify myself for sometime now. I'm aware that I seem very "enthusiastic" about Chris Rea, and didn't want to give the wrong impression, (specially to him!!)
I don't see why you would have to explain anything to anyone Lily. I love the way you go on about Chris and if I had the information you had I would do the same. If it were'n for you we wouldn't have any of the material on Chris that we have now especially the pictures. If Chris helps you over the hard times all the better. I think I could speak for other fans here too and say the enjoyment it brings to see the material on Chris that the rest of us don't have.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.