The man The voice The guitar

What would you like to hear during the concert ?

Only songs from the new album
11%
Only "blues" songs
No votes
Only "old" songs, no blues !
11%
a mix of "old" and "blues"
78%

Total votes: 18

Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

... well, I know march '06 is far away, but perhaps it is nice to discusse the playlist...

Let us know what you would like to hear...
Last edited by Bart on 21 Sep 2005, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: What would you like to hear during the concert ?

Post by Bart »

...as you all may know; I prefer the "old" songs (with "the road..." as my all-time favorite!) so I would like to hear some blues songs (25%) and some old songs (75%).... Well; don't think that will hapen, but I can keep on dreaming ... :roll:

REAgards, Bart
pam
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by pam »

I posted in another topic that, if you heard the new versions of some old songs on the tour last year, you will know that the 'blues' were always there, just not so obvious. I vote for a mix of old and new songs, new versions of old songs would be FAB :lol:
Could it be just that I'm crazy
Could it be the way I feel
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

choice

Post by Zgred »

Because I have never heard Chris live, I would gladly listen to classic ones, something between '80 - '92, but the man played it so many times I understand he would probably choose his newest blues... well, it would be my "first time" so I don't lament :)

[EDIT: Please don't use this word] late starting..........:mrgreen:
Gabriëlle
Support
Support

Post by Gabriëlle »

I would like to hear some new stuff but also some old numbers.
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Like most i would go for a 50/50 mix of old and new. Our past always leads to the future and so shouldn't be disregarded, but celebrated as a part of the journey to where we are today. Can't wait for Hull 21/04/2006. \:D/
could this be true, could this be me..
Norman Nosebait

Post by Norman Nosebait »

Old songs are the best !

Ace of Hearts
Lets Dance
Whatever Happened to Benny Santini
Fires of Spring
Fool
Deltics
Diamonds
Twisted Wheel
Cenotaph (Letter From Amsterdam)
Road to Hell
Texas
Winter Song
Josephine
Blue Cafe
Gods Great Banana Skin
Stainsby Girl
On the Beach
Shamrock Diares
Three Angels
Dance (Dont Think)
Things that Lovers Should Do
Wired to the Moon
Tennis
No Work Today

etc,

and the new Irish Blues

I have the drumstick that Chris Rea's drummer (Norman Nosebait) used in the early 80's. He threw it to my dad who caught it in Middlesbrough (The Krypt)

Anyone want to see it ?

Post by Guest »

:roll:

Got to inclue Daytona - the live version on the CD single is awesome.

Post by Guest »

:roll:

Got to include Daytona - the live version on the CD single is awesome.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

bjongen wrote:... well, I know march '06 is far away, but perhaps it is nice to discusse the playlist...

Let us know what you would like to hear...
Well, I gotta say that these new tracks interests me most at the moment, but few old numbers would be nice to hear:

1. The Road To Hell, both 1 & 2 (Cliché choice for a die-hard fan who knows all the albums of Chris) :)

2. Windy Town

3. Soup of the day (He had a real blues songs before too)

4. Looking for a summer

Of course it would be nice to hear the whole catalog of his songs, but that would take the whole tour to get to listen them all :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Mr_Blues wrote:
...,but that would take the whole tour to get to listen them all :)

...well I wouldn't mind that ! I hope that in March '06 I have finished my school, so I can take a month of. Let's say sessions of 18 hours a day, 6 days a week, for 2 months strait. Then we should have had most of his songs !

:wink: :wink: :D :D :wink: :wink:
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

bjongen wrote:
Mr_Blues wrote:
...,but that would take the whole tour to get to listen them all :)

...well I wouldn't mind that ! I hope that in March '06 I have finished my school, so I can take a month of. Let's say sessions of 18 hours a day, 6 days a week, for 2 months strait. Then we should have had most of his songs !

:wink: :wink: :D :D :wink: :wink:
Right, what a cool thing that would be, follow The Man to every gig in his tour :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

To much new stuff ???

Post by gjvg »

Well, normally it was possible to "learn" the new album-numbers before the tour started. So all the numbers in the set were (kind of) known.
But with about 130 new pieces , this is (at least for me :oops: ) impossible even with a tourdate end March (Amsterdam).

For me the kick of the gig ( :wink: ) is singing together, know what comes after the first 2 notes etc.
So for me : 30 % new and 70% older stuff
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: To much new stuff ???

Post by Bart »

gjvg wrote:Well, normally it was possible to "learn" the new album-numbers before the tour started. So all the numbers in the set were (kind of) known.
But with about 130 new pieces , this is (at least for me :oops: ) impossible even with a tourdate end March (Amsterdam).

For me the kick of the gig ( :wink: ) is singing together, know what comes after the first 2 notes etc.
As you can read above; I WAS thinking the same... But, after listening to 'blue guitars' almost 24h a day since monday, I must admit (...what I never expected that there would come a moment I would say this...) that I hope he plays almost exclusive new stuf. Most of it I like very much, and I would love to hear how he plays some of them live, with limited musicians on stage, etc. So I think I changed my mind ... lets hear some old songs (and preferably not the "standard" Road, Beach, and Josephine) but mainly NEW songs !!!

'Blue guitars' - I love it !!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Re: To much new stuff ???

Post by leila.wilson »

Bart wrote:
gjvg wrote:Well, normally it was possible to "learn" the new album-numbers before the tour started. So all the numbers in the set were (kind of) known.

As you can read above; I WAS thinking the same... But, after listening to 'blue guitars' almost 24h a day since monday, I must admit (...what I never expected that there would come a moment I would say this...) that I hope he plays almost exclusive new stuf. Most of it I like very much, and I would love to hear how he plays some of them live, with limited musicians on stage, etc. So I think I changed my mind ... lets hear some
old songs (and preferably not the "standard" Road, Beach, and Josephine)
but mainly NEW songs !!!

A big welcome Gjvg! Bart has beaten me by 2 minutes to say mainly what I was going to say :) I too have always loved the older stuff. T was not too sure when he began to make new songs and music the blues way, but I can,t believe how wonderful this new album is! I have already found some very beautiful tracks which really speak to me. I know what you mean about being able to sing all the familiar songs with Chris on tour, but I guess I will be learning some of the new ones before next year, as I am hoping he will be singing old and new. That is what I would like anyway :)

'Blue guitars' - I love it !!