The man The voice The guitar

What would you like to hear during the concert ?

What would you like to hear during the concert ?

Only songs from the new album
11%
Only "blues" songs
No votes
Only "old" songs, no blues !
11%
a mix of "old" and "blues"
78%

Total votes: 18

leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Re: What would you like to hear during the concert ?

Post by leila.wilson »

Bart wrote:... well, I know march '06 is far away, but perhaps it is nice to discusse the playlist...

Let us know what you would like to hear...

Nothing to Fear/Seabird/Blue Cafe/Heaven/Gone Fishing/Sail Away/There,s OnlyYou/Who do you Love

The Pain of Loving You/I,ll be There for You/Sweet Love/No More Sorrow/Celtic Blues/Til the Morning Sun/Til I Find My Truelove,s Name/Big White Door/Sometimes/Thats How I know it,s You/Blue Morning in the Rain/Angelina/Cry for Home................

This list of new ones! could go on and on and on......
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

leila.wilson wrote: Nothing to Fear/Seabird/Blue Cafe/Heaven/Gone Fishing/Sail Away/There,s OnlyYou/Who do you Love

The Pain of Loving You/I,ll be There for You/Sweet Love/No More Sorrow/Celtic Blues/Til the Morning Sun/Til I Find My Truelove,s Name/Big White Door/Sometimes/Thats How I know it,s You/Blue Morning in the Rain/Angelina/Cry for Home................

This list of new ones! could go on and on and on......
Nice list you got here :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

All right, Leila selected some awesome old songs, and as the second Chris-first-timer here I would like to hear live:

- Sweet summer day (gonna cut my finger off to hear that ;);) )
- Windy town (9 fingers left so here goes another one off :mrgreen: )

If I was allowed more, then I gladly would hear classics... "Soft top hard shoulder", "E", "Driving home for Christmas", "Looking for the summer", "On the beach", "Nothing to fear", "Shadows of the big man", and why not "Baby don't cry" and "Speed" from Blue Jukebox...

But it's my problem that I haven't been at concert earlier :( so if two or three of them were played, would be good.
If anybody asks me, the concert could last the whole night :D :D

PS. This list of old ones could go on and on and on...... (C) L.M.W. ;)
lewis turner

playlist

Post by lewis turner »

Hopefully we get a mix of everything the new album is superb Iam sure he will play so from the early days as this is going to be his last tour so those fans like me from the early days who have seen him on tour countless times will get to hear some of the old stuff some possibly in a new light.
I do hope though which I am sure the fans will understand how the playlist will be formulated Chris will play the songs he wants to play and it will Iam sure be ones he enjoys doing best.
Regards
Chris Turner

Post by Guest »

Yesterday at the Luxembourg concert it was a mix of old and new songs from "Blue guitars" and i was REAlly good !!!
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Norman Nosebait wrote:Old songs are the best !

Ace of Hearts
Lets Dance
Whatever Happened to Benny Santini
Fires of Spring
Fool
Deltics
Diamonds
Twisted Wheel
Cenotaph (Letter From Amsterdam)
Road to Hell
Texas
Winter Song
Josephine
Blue Cafe
Gods Great Banana Skin
Stainsby Girl
On the Beach
Shamrock Diares
Three Angels
Dance (Dont Think)
Things that Lovers Should Do
Wired to the Moon
Tennis
No Work Today

etc,

and the new Irish Blues

I have the drumstick that Chris Rea's drummer (Norman Nosebait) used in the early 80's. He threw it to my dad who caught it in Middlesbrough (The Krypt)

Anyone want to see it ?
wow, cool! You've been his fan in 2 generations! :)
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Ron
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

I Can't Choose

Post by Ron »

Yesterday in HMH ...

More blues than the "oldies"!!

The oldies, i can't choose, every number has something special, because Chris is singin' it ..

Thanks Chris for a wonderful and great concert

and [EDIT: Please don't use this word], i missed Julia, was she really there??? Please tell me that isn't true she was there, Bart ...
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: I Can't Choose

Post by Bart »

Ron wrote:Yesterday in HMH ...

More blues than the "oldies"!!

The oldies, i can't choose, every number has something special, because Chris is singin' it ..

Thanks Chris for a wonderful and great concert

and [EDIT: Please don't use this word], i missed Julia, was she really there??? Please tell me that isn't true she was there, Bart ...
Yes, Ron;

she really was. I met her before the show outside. After that I saw her in the hall with the sound technichans. And while playing "Julia" all band members were looking and smiling in the direction of the left vip lounge (at least, that is what I thought to see...) so perhaps she was sitting there. And I must be really mistaken if it wasn;t Joan (Chris' wife) who was with her :wink: :wink:
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

On Tuesday I would like to hear Josephine, Fool, Steel River, On the Beach, Road To Hell, Girl in a sports car, Lets Dance, Ace of Hearts, and many other of Chris classics, but also I would love to hear his new stuff which I am sure will prevail at the concert. Of course Blue Guitars is a must!!
But since it will be his birthday party I hope that Chris will surprise us... :D

Z

http://www.zeljkoart.com
newbaddie
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by newbaddie »

well, I sad coz he didn't surprise us...:( And he didn't play my favorite song: I can hear you heartbeat! And didn't play Fool too! But, never mind! Concert was amazing! Congratulations , Chris!!!
I have screemed several times Happy birthday, but nothing.People from Arena had to organized something for public, to say "happy birthday"! But nothing! Someone had to do that!