The man The voice The guitar

Blue Guitars

johnwaugh
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Blue Guitars

Post by johnwaugh »

Hi,
I have bought Blue Guitars and at least three of the first seven discs have what I would describe as crackling between tracks and sometimes during the track. A second set is the same. Is Chris trying to produce a period sound on those discs, or am I having bad luck with poor pressings? An urgent response from anyone would be much appreciated.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Blue Guitars

Post by Chris »

johnwaugh wrote:Hi,
I have bought Blue Guitars and at least three of the first seven discs have what I would describe as crackling between tracks and sometimes during the track. A second set is the same. Is Chris trying to produce a period sound on those discs, or am I having bad luck with poor pressings? An urgent response from anyone would be much appreciated.
---------------------

Hi,

I believe it's done on purpose. Chris wanted to create certain atmosphere, a sort of the time capsule with the blues pure, as if he would travel in time to the 50's....
That's why he already announced that he will produce five "projects" using only vinyl technology....to recreate (again) this special flavour of time gone buy.
Personally, I don't think he has to go this extra mile to achieve his goal.
Take a look around this forum because we've already discussed this issue a year, or so, ago.....
Take care,
Chris
johnwaugh
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by johnwaugh »

Thanks Chris,

I also :D think maybe it was not necessary to go that far, but now I can be satisfied and just sit back and enjoy.

John
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Re: Blue Guitars

Post by Zeljko »

I think that Chris did wonderful job with Blue Guitars album.

Just perfect!!!!

Z
http://www.zeljkoart.com