The man The voice The guitar

shedding tears because of Blue Guitars

leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

shedding tears because of Blue Guitars

Post by leila.wilson »

Hands up everyone who has shed tears since listening to the new album?????? Come on now, tell the truth. :cry:

[edit: I have adjusted your topic title... Bart]
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: shedding tears because of Blue Guitars

Post by Bart »

leila.wilson wrote:Hands up everyone who has shed tears since listening to the new album?????? Come on now, tell the truth. :cry:
Hello Leila;

How do you come to this subject ?!?! :wink: :wink:

Perhaps because I told you today I got emotional while listening to all this wonderfull music...

Here you have it... I admit it... I have cried while listening to "Til I Find My True Love’s Name"
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

leila.wilson wrote:Hands up everyone who has shed tears since listening to the new album?????? Come on now, tell the truth. :cry:

Well, I haven´t cried yet, but that might come along when there´s a right moment :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
pam
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by pam »

Come change my world on CD8 (Gospel) does it for me :cry: and :) also 'cos the music is SO GOOD

Pam
Could it be just that I'm crazy
Could it be the way I feel
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by 1981 »

I don't shed tears, but there are a lot of moving songs which gave me goose bumps.. I'm still in the exploration stage... there are so many songs. Maybe the tears come a bit later... (like the 'Blue Street' album)
'Big White Door comes close.

Chris, thanks for this massive and personal blues odyssey.
Last edited by 1981 on 04 Nov 2005, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by leila.wilson »

Bart wrote:
Hello Leila;

How do you come to this subject ?!?! :wink: :wink:

Perhaps because I told you today I got emotional while listening to all this wonderfull music...

Here you have it... I admit it... I have cried while listening to "Til I Find My True Love’s Name"

Hahaha yes perhaps. But I have to confess too. I cry when I listen to "The Pain of Loving You"....CD 8 track 11.
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

tears

Post by Zgred »

Because the question is about only new album, so no answer from me... ;);)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: tears

Post by Bart »

Zgred wrote:Because the question is about only new album, so no answer from me... ;);)
... and if it was about chris rea albums in general ??

PS: Zgred, please come join the chat (use the chat link at the top of your screen)
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Hm. It's true that men aren't talking easily about tears :D

Anyway, the company here is suitable for such delicate matters ;) the answer is of course yes.

The particular songs don't always pull a tear, as listening during the day and doing something else do not allow to concentrate. My favourite way is to sit back at night, chill out, then turning Chris on, and in such circumstances it happens that the cheek get some salty water on it :D
Exactly the Windy town, Sweet summer day, E, and alike styled.

And maybe it's essential that Chris is the only musician than can make me cry. Well, not literally cry maybe, it's that special kind of emotions being touched...

Bart, your chat works very strange on my machine, looks like everything runs differently on my PC :mrgreen: okay, I'll try now...
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by leila.wilson »

Zgred wrote:Hm. It's true that men aren't talking easily about tears :D

Anyway, the company here is suitable for such delicate matters ;) the answer is of course yes.

The particular songs don't always pull a tear, as listening during the day and doing something else do not allow to concentrate. My favourite way is to sit back at night, chill out, then turning Chris on, and in such circumstances it happens that the cheek get some salty water on it :D
Exactly the Windy town, Sweet summer day, E, and alike styled.

And maybe it's essential that Chris is the only musician than can make me cry. Well, not literally cry maybe, it's that special kind of emotions being touched...
The fact that tears are being shed when listening to Chris Rea,s music, is surely a very big compliment to pay him. Some salty water on my cheek also Zgred. :cry:
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Since there´s been these Mr. Sensitives around here, I will tell that I´ve cried with older albums of Chris :) So far I haven´t cried with Blue Guitars, but something like that might come up someday :) And of course things like this has something to do with what happens in my life. Sad days brings tears sometimes and of course there´s a chance that Chris is playing on background at that very moment.

Cry, oh cry for home :)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

This morning it happened Leila. I got few tears falling down my face because of a song in Blue Guitars :D

The song is "Just in case you never knew" on album 8 :)

It happened when the tempo and emotion on Chris voice gets higher, time is 1.25 on that song at that moment. I was just listening the song with my headphones, sound playing loud and, well, while having just a little bit of hangover from last night blues gig :) Suddenly I got goose bumps and tears came down.

After REAlising what just happened I started to laugh as I recalled this post here in forum :D
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Good old Chris still gives a kick... :D
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by leila.wilson »

Mr_Blues wrote:
This morning it happened Leila. I got few tears falling down my face because of a song in Blue Guitars :D

The song is "Just in case you never knew" on album 8 :)

It happened when the tempo and emotion on Chris voice gets higher, time is 1.25 on that song at that moment. I was just listening the song with my headphones, sound playing loud and, well, while having just a little bit of hangover from last night blues gig :) Suddenly I got goose bumps and tears came down.
Hey Mr B.....This is what it,s all about. When a singer can make you cry with his song and music.........he has to be deep down from the heart.
Stainsby Girl
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Stainsby Girl »

CD 7 - Blues Ballads - If i ever get over you...

holds very close to my heart..

Cheers