DVD Help

Stop the presses
Caper
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

DVD Help

Post by Caper »

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I seriousy want to order The Road To Hell And Back DVD but I'm really confused as to the format of the DVD. With the exception of Amazon.co.uk (they are listing it as PAL Region 2) all other sites such as CDUniverse and CDWOW show the DVD to be either Region 0 or NTSC Region 0. So which one is correct?

Thanks for any help,
Brian (wondering why there isn't just one encoding system)
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: DVD Help

Post by Chris »

Caper wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I seriousy want to order The Road To Hell And Back DVD but I'm really confused as to the format of the DVD. With the exception of Amazon.co.uk (they are listing it as PAL Region 2) all other sites such as CDUniverse and CDWOW show the DVD to be either Region 0 or NTSC Region 0. So which one is correct?

Thanks for any help,
------------
If you have a new generation DVD player, chances are: it might be already preset to play all differently coded disks (PAL/SECAM as well as NTSC.) Pull out your instruction first.
Take care,
Chris
ronald
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by ronald »

Region code is listed on the DVD as '0' and it's a PAL release, not listed, but according to my TV...
My Chris Rea page: http://www.chrisrea.biz
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: DVD Help

Post by Chris »

Caper wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thanks for any help,
-----

I hope It's not too late with a possible answer for you.
I spoke with a friend of my and he told me that as long as the recorded DVD is listed as "for region 0", it can be played on either machine, here (region 2) and there (region 1) - in Europe and in Canada (the U.S. as well), provided you pre-set you player in "menu" to "O." That way, the DVD will read the PAL/SECAM tracks but play them in NTSC.
To make sure it will, try to play it in a store where you are going to buy "The Road to Hell and Back".....or ask someone in a store if you should encounter any problems with the "O" (PAL coded) DVD in Canada.

Take care,
Chris