The man The voice The guitar

The Tour 2017

Stop the presses
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: The Tour 2017

Post by andrew fischer »

Leo wrote:Chris is quite famous and popular in Russia (I think more popular than in The Netherlands). Is there a huge increase in ticket price this year? Has the new album promoted poorly? Do people have enough to see the same show over and over again?
Hello Leo,

I think, Chris's popularity in Russia is more or less the same as in The Netherlands. Ticket prices are high, but they have always been, the price tag increase is proportional judging by the overall current ticket pricing and comparing to the 2006-2012 prices. The new album and the tour are not very well promoted, but again, it has always been like that. And is the same with the other artists coming here, from CR cohort (e.g., Bryan Ferry or Sting). About seeing all the same shows year after year - most people do not care, only those who know the setlists well, and these are max. 1% ))) And last time Chris was here was 5.5 years ago, so eveyone forgot what he played then, if anyone recalled))

I reckon it is just the general decline in the number of concert-goers and popularity of live music and physical releases of music albums. E.g., I know only one local (popular enough, though) online/offline music store which offers CDs and LPs with Chris's new album (and the prices are pretty high even for Russia, EUR 25 for CD and EUR 50 for LP).
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Wishing you luck Andrey!
I foundone hole in the FB about gigs, the new man Mal Maddock, look at his FB site.
It goes way back till somewhere in September!
https://www.facebook.com/mal.maddock, hope you can see it!
You're never to old to dance!
Munich-1983
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Munich-1983 »

Forever in my dreams my heart will be
Hanging on to this sweet memory
A day of strange desire
And a night that burned like fire
Take me back to the place that I know
On the beach
Last edited by Munich-1983 on 29 Oct 2017, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by Müfo »

Saw him in Frankfurt last week and he came to the edge of the stage several times and smiled to the crowd and shoutet something to the people. He was much more communicative (ok, more with shy gestures than with words ;-)) than in the early 90ies, when I saw him first. And the rest of the band...it has never been different in the last 30 years, hasn`t it? Ditcham always seems to have a little smile on his face and the new keyboarder too. And Robert moved his body a little bit more than on the last tours he took part ;-).
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

In Baloise I imagine Chris nervous since that concert has been recorded for television and that makes him tense. But I was lucky to know that the band was very satisfied with that show
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Good to know veherny, this is a good Tour. Fans are so happy so far. That is important!
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Hi, loving the new Album, the support for the UK leg of the tour is a Scottish singer/songwriter C Macleod. Several videos on You Tube. Sounds a little like Chris Issak IMO. I get to see Chris at Harrogate this time, really looking forward to it. :-)
could this be true, could this be me..
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

veherny wrote:In Baloise I imagine Chris nervous since that concert has been recorded for television and that makes him tense. But I was lucky to know that the band was very satisfied with that show
Thank you Hernan for pointing out the Baloise show was professionally filmed, here is the link to see this shot (not available in some countries, e.g. Russia - but we are now working on downloading this video): https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/078267-00 ... sion-2017/
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

Hi Andrew Help me I can not see the video in my country How can I do ??? Thanks
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

veherny wrote:Hi Andrew Help me I can not see the video in my country How can I do ??? Thanks
Hi Hernan, no problem, here you are: https://arteconcert-a.akamaihd.net//am/ ... 1CaIuF.mp4
Please do not share - I do not want any problems with copyright owners, thank you. The link is courtesy of Zel from Moscow.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Maybe it helps to know it was on the Website of Arte this late afternoon.
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

Andrew you are REAlly gREAt
THANK YOU FRIEND
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Thank you Andrew, thank you Ann, for sharing the link and the information where to watch this concert.
It's simply incredible! Everything. The concert, the audience, the music and Chris!
Munich-1983
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Munich-1983 »

My personal review: I did celebrate my 50. birthday on this concert. Chris came exactly on my birthday to town! So I did not run away (as in all the other years), but I stayed and invited some friends to go to the concert.
Over all, it must have been my 21. C.R. concert or so... And it was one of the best at all! Even when Chris was visibly handicaped (after his multiple strokes, the pankreatitis etc), he was there 110%. And with each song he seemed to become younger. As he even started to dance, we all got misty eyes. It was so powerful and very emotional. Watching Youtube in advance, I had doubts about the new versions of Julia & on the beach - but live even theses versions worked perfectly. My favorite on this evening was Stony road. The band was always on the point (as we Germans say). Chris was much more "open" to the audience then in all the last two decades before. He made us happy. It only remains to say for me: Thank you! God bless you, and pay attention on your health,
your dearest fan.
Strickley
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Strickley »

Thank you for the link to the video!

We're looking forward to our front row seats in Harrogate!!