The man The voice The guitar

NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Stop the presses
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Re: NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Post by veherny »

hi friends Neil Drinkwater play too on new album

hugs
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

veherny wrote:hi friends Neil Drinkwater play too on new album
hugs
Hi Hernan, thanks for your spoiler, but while Robert & Martin are quite welcome in my eyes, Neil is not so much since I can' stand the childish sound of his imitatory synthesizers. I hoped so much for Max joining in, but in vain, I reckon. I don't expect a drastic change in album's sound anymore, since Chris relies too much on Neil's keyboards.
IMHO
Andrey
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Hi all,

I don't know if the picture used to promote the tour will also be the album cover - but it's really striking to see only pictures from the 80's / early 90's in this collage.

Do you think it has something to do with the new album going back to the 80's - style-wise?

Cheers
Tobi
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

tobi777 wrote:Hi all, I don't know if the picture used to promote the tour will also be the album cover - but it's really striking to see only pictures from the 80's / early 90's in this collage. Do you think it has something to do with the new album going back to the 80's - style-wise?
Cheers
Tobi
Hi Tobias,
I was once told it is assumed to be in the style of Dancing with Strangers and also much alike his general stuff comeback in 2000 with King of the Beach after lots of late 90s experiments.The old pictures in the poster help people see Chris is going back to his old universally acclaimed stuff, not another blues effort. I consider it to be a wise step made by his new label/management.
best wishes
Andrey
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

Andrew agrees. The sound sounds old Chris. It's a commercial album.
Concerning Neil I liked the work he did in the la pasione.
I'm finding out if the great Max participated in the album. It is noted that the album is edited by a Important stamp by how they handle all
gREAt hug friends
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Hi Veherny and Andrey,

you guys seem very well informed :D

Any other leaks about production or maybe even a few audio snippets?

I'm very curious about this album now - haven't been like that since the late 90's... :lol:

These song titles I've found so far:

The Road Ahead (first single)
Happy On The Road
Last Train
Road Songs For Lovers
Angel Of Love
Breaking Point
Beautiful

Any more infos?

Cheers
Tobi
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi Tobias,

In fact, I am not that much well informed, at least not more than any other fan can be. I do not know where the inside information's coming from as those who share it do not tell me who is inside informer, and I consider it quite normal when you keep your good contacts safe from intrusion. I've tried to get CR band contacts, but as the FB friends they do not communicate and their activities must be hidden by the privacy settings. I've tried hard to get St. Petersburg gig head organiser as friend on VK network to send him a message, otherwise I couldn't and he finally accepted it but did not reply to my short intriduction. Those knowing him well told me better not to bother him with my issues as he won't look into it so in order not to waste my chance I wait for a good moment to talk to him, maybe when there are more news on the album and radios start promoting it and we could talk it over so I might get a chance to meet Chris and/or his manager in St. Petersburg.

Best regards
Andrey
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

Tobias very good information about the titles of the songs! The times of the record label are not the same as ours hahaha.I am wrong that apparently there will be no additional surprise as we have accustomed Chris.I remember a T-shirt, a pick and a Slide tube and copies of his painting. I hope that as soon as you release your expected autobiography

gREAt bugs friends
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Hernan, these songs are on Chrisrea.com.
[quote][The times of the record label are not the same as ours hahaha.I am wrong that apparently there will be no additional surprise as we have accustomed Chris.I remember a T-shirt, a pick and a Slide tube and copies of his painting./quote]
Do you mean we won't get an Earbook this time?
I don't understand this part ;)

Anneke
You're never to old to dance!
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

Ann
I nderstand that it will be just an album with songs. Maybe Chris will surprise us with something but if he handles the label I do not think.
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

As I already wrote before, I think it will be similar variety of release formats to those with Stony Road: ordinary single CD, deluxe edition (CD+DVD or enhanced CD with extra tracks) and maybe a kind of super deluxe bundle as it was with Still So Far to Go compilation that Hernan is referring to. Double heavy vinyl (maybe with MP3/CD copy attached) is also likely to be added, as it is pretty common nowadays with major label releases.
best wishes
Andrey
Last edited by andrew fischer on 12 May 2017, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Veherny,
You might be right :) Maybe wrong, lol. All is exciting.
I know Chris likes more than an ordinary "CD".
We will have to wait till September. :(
You're never to old to dance!
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

I think at this stage of knowledge and dicussion it is even more imporant to get a clue who is producing and engineering the new album, as it is now told/assumed to be state-of-art level. Could be good to know someone like Jon Kelly or Stuart Eales takes care of the sound and the final polish. Any other guessings?..
best wishes
Andrey
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

As you might know I'm a huge fan of Jon Kelly - everything he did so far sounded just right to me. He has a very organic and natural sound in his productions and seems to be a clever arranger - or at least has the right people and the taste to decide for the right amount of elaboration without overproducing the album. The records by Heather Nova, Jimmy Nail or The Beautiful South all sound very good to my ears and his way of producing seem to fit to Chris' recordings like a glove, as well.

Chris is a terrific songwriter and singer - and a really good guitar player, of course - but in my opinion not as good a producer. Even back in the old days when he had the budget and the will to record in "real" studios the sound wasn't that "professional" like it was during his commercial heyday. For example God's Great Banana Skin was a good record but the production is inferior to the predecessors in terms of sound, ingenuity and ideas. Of course, that's only my humble opinion...
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

hi Andrew
Stewart Eales is not an engineer. Maybe he worked with the people of the Studio metropoli
hugs