The man The voice The guitar

NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Stop the presses
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Post by Chris »

Once again, thanks Ann, I'm just listening to this great song, that is to the "Last Train", and I just hope the whole album will be similar.
Take care,
Chris
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

I hope so too, but I think you need to listen to albums several times before you can say what you think of it.
You're welcome Chris.
You're never to old to dance!
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

ann268 wrote:BTW Chris and Brian lived in the same neighborhood for a long time and went to the pub together.
Hi Anneke, where did you get this info from? Maybe you meant Brian Jones of AC/DC, not Brian May of Queen? I have asked my fellow brian May fan, maybe he can pour some light on that, but I highly doubt it is really true. It was also once rumored that Chris lived next to Mark Knopfler so they are friends, but from 1993 till 2007 Chris was residing at Sol Mill in Coockham and neither Knopfler nor May ever lived near that village. I think these are simply speculations on names.
MRB wrote:Did not mean he should have been credited with finger snapping, ment that shame he did not involved on some hit song with his slide guitar, maybe even credits for writing slide parts and then royalties :)
I think it is because of different labels Quenn and Chris were signed to. If Chris had taken considerably greater part in Queen's work, their label would have had to pay royalties to Chris's label, which is in most cases a big issue, which is often been tried to be avoided by the big labels. Most "guest" work Chris has ever done (except for Elton John's Duets) for other artists, was within smaller labels.
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Hi Andrey,
I have read that in one of the many interviews I've read along the years. Sorry can't recall which one. And I know it's mentioned several times. Why should it be mentioned several times, still it would be great if Chris could confirm that!
If you google both names together, you see they knew each other well.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

New Music/ lyrics video of the Last Train:
https://youtu.be/JW6M3MEgDKY
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

What a great song this could have been with real drums and a bit less of Neil Drinkwater...
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

now drums are real, no drum machine. I think song is great as it is, even with Drinkwater :D
elangelo wrote:What a great song this could have been with real drums and a bit less of Neil Drinkwater...
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Well, I thought so too, but now I'm convinced that it's a drum machine, it becomes absolutely clear in the 2nd part, and then I realized that it's the same in the 1st part too. Does anyone else feel this way?
The worst is gone....
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

elangelo wrote:What a great song this could have been with real drums and a bit less of Neil Drinkwater...
Hi all, Last Train seems to have real drums and everything okay but Neil Drinkwater)) His childish synthetic imitations of the instruments supposed to be played live in such songs make me go bonkers... The song itself recalls me a lot of Blue Street from Blue Jukebox and Bob Taylor from Loisiana & New Orleans CD3 of Blue Guitars and some other similar songs.
ann268 wrote:I have read that in one of the many interviews I've read along the years. Sorry can't recall which one. And I know it's mentioned several times. Why should it be mentioned several times, still it would be great if Chris could confirm that! If you google both names together, you see they knew each other well.
Strange that I cannot say the same having read tons of interviews and articles with Chris over the years and having Brian May fans among my friends. Quick googling both names together does not yield any intersting results, maybe you could give me an example of a really interesting result of such googling?..
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

I'm sure I read or heard it somewhere. Hope It will come back to me where I heard read it.
I know you want confirmation...
They share a lot of muscial contacts, studio's, even Martin Ditcham.
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

but Neil Drinkwater)) His childish synthetic imitations of the instruments supposed to be played live in such songs make me go bonkers...
I know that (almost) everyone hates "The Road to Hell Part 2", but I loved it, among other reasons, for featuring one single real saxohpone against the backdrop of all the synth sounds. It's not even really expensive, just get one or two session musicians and it will change the whole thing!
The worst is gone....
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

ann268 wrote:I'm sure I read or heard it somewhere. Hope It will come back to me where I heard read it.
I know you want confirmation... They share a lot of muscial contacts, studio's, even Martin Ditcham.
Нщ still must be mixing up some things... Martin Ditcham was never involved in Brian's works, he still played with Sade back in 1986 when he already joined Chris, he played with some small groups like Latin Quarter and along with Robert on max Middleton's solo works, but Queen...
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Martin Ditcham was involved with Brian May:
http://www.sonor.com/artists/martin-ditcham/
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Breaking point should be this weeks snippet as last week it was release of Last Train.

And not too long for the release of the album :)
Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by Müfo »

Well I also think that the drums are the main "problem" on the last releases. For example Cry for home and Somewhere between the stars are one of my favourite songs Chris ever did. But I can´t really listen to them cause of the drums. The same with the end of Last train. Its clearly a big contrast to the drums on Happy road or The road ahead. But I don`t know if its a drum-machine or chris playing them? It sounds a bit like somebody who starts playing a foreign instrument :D. Probably he recorded Last train in his homestudio without the band. You can listen to chris playing the drums on the stony road documentary.
What surpises me, are the last few seconds of Last train where you can hear an instrument that sounds like a real trumpet. Probably all the brass-sounds on the new album are not Drinkwater but a real brass band bad produced? :)