The man The voice The guitar

NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Stop the presses
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Re: NEW RELEASE 2017 - ROAD SONGS FOR LOVERS!!!

Post by MRB »

well for one thing, he brought it up himself. and I guess person in his status and health condition must have high living costs every month. Living ain't cheap and medicines are very expensive. Don't think he is talking about getting rich as that seems not to be his ambition.

Also, there is huge amount of expenses on every concert he does, sold out gigs are great but don't think he will get even half of the profit to himself.
ann268 wrote:Why are people always worried he doesn't earn enough?
Is it all about money? I have my doubts.
He wants to stay busy....And he sold out in Amsterdam( and many other places), hug back Verherny.
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

I think he had paid his mortgage back by 1988 or so due to his commercial success since the mid-80's - and he sold millions of records at least in the early 90's and still got heavy rotation on many radio stations.

"Driving Home" alone gives him a nice income each year. So unless he ruined himself by speculation or had a bad management or something as severe as that I hardly think he has financial problems.

Even his medical issues shouldn't have ruined him. Although his last years haven't been that successful like the early 90's - he still sells many albums and has profitable live shows.

All the more I'm puzzled why he doesn't have proper productions anymore and the record company - although it seems to be a major label now - doesn't give him more financial support.
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Ok, just saw some lyrics and that "Moving on" really is a remake of "Got To Be Moving On".

Original song is great, so need to really wonder why to do remake. It could turn out not that good as the original.

And also, why these remakes when he has told million times that he is writing new music all the time?
MRB wrote:very true, let's just wait :)
ann268 wrote:Friday, you'll be certain. Maye Wednesday if you get the the two lines ;)
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

we may never know the reason, but if the man says he has bad financial times it must be so.
tobi777 wrote:I think he had paid his mortgage back by 1988 or so due to his commercial success since the mid-80's - and he sold millions of records at least in the early 90's and still got heavy rotation on many radio stations.

"Driving Home" alone gives him a nice income each year. So unless he ruined himself by speculation or had a bad management or something as severe as that I hardly think he has financial problems.

Even his medical issues shouldn't have ruined him. Although his last years haven't been that successful like the early 90's - he still sells many albums and has profitable live shows.

All the more I'm puzzled why he doesn't have proper productions anymore and the record company - although it seems to be a major label now - doesn't give him more financial support.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

The new lyrics are:
Next time you look around.You may find me gone...
Familiar ones! Got to be moving it is.
You're never to old to dance!
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

yes, but oh why another remake from a man who says he is writing new music all the time?
ann268 wrote:The new lyrics are:
Next time you look around.You may find me gone...
Familiar ones! Got to be moving it is.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Exactly! We all mean - I presume - : he has some running expenses and he has to cover them. For this he obviously needs money; there's no other way out to solve it.
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

I would say in his condition medicines must take good amount of pounds every month. Doctor bills can be huge if he sees some expensive private doctors.

Also he could have renovation done in his home, he could be paying good money for daughters education, salaries for whatever staff and managers he has, motor sport fees, etc you name it.
Chris wrote:Exactly! We all mean - I presume - : he has some running expenses and he has to cover them. For this he obviously needs money; there's no other way out to solve it.
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Another detail I simply don't get: in the EPK he says that this album wasn't actually planned.

But he didn't release an album for the last six years - apart from the La Passione remake - and he often boasted about writing songs each day and having the problem that he has too much material and the record companies wouldn't accept him releasing two albums a year and so on. So why wasn't he - at least - planning a new record?
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Santo Spirito was a new abum, made in a week. And those songs were not all Original either. 6 years old? I think it is, isn;t it.
I still like the music of Santo Spirito, the DVD. It's original. And that bullfighting CD, great guitarwork.
I think he has had other sorrows,not being healthy, going to the loo many times a day sucks. I guess, like other cancerpatients he must be tired and God knows he looks like that at times.
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

That comment of not having planned this album sounds really odd.

Yes, from all that writing there must be 12 all new songs to put on album after such a long time after previous album.

Well, one reason to all this could be the reason that he is such a perfectionist. But that perfectionism is strange thing when you release hasty remakes and play around with home studio and not rely on real musicians all the time. There is a bit of conflict in this way of thinking.

Also, why not release some of the songs he makes every week in home studio just as a online tracks for a fans?
There must be hundreds if not thousands unreleased songs in his archives which will be never released?
tobi777 wrote:Another detail I simply don't get: in the EPK he says that this album wasn't actually planned.

But he didn't release an album for the last six years - apart from the La Passione remake - and he often boasted about writing songs each day and having the problem that he has too much material and the record companies wouldn't accept him releasing two albums a year and so on. So why wasn't he - at least - planning a new record?
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Happy on the Road can be fully listened to on Spotify:
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... nhir_C8YZQ
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Thank you for this!! Will need to listen it few times now to make up my mind about it.
ann268 wrote:Happy on the Road can be fully listened to on Spotify:
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... nhir_C8YZQ
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Very different from the road ahead. If he plays some of his new album, I can imagine where they gonna use the accordeon. The Spotify app is getting the whole album. Many albums of Chris have appeared on Spotify.
I don't use it though, lol.
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

actually spotify has only few newer albums, well not need to hear them there as there is CD's at home :)

New albums comes to Spotify these days if there is a deal with label.

I use spotify many times to check out new artists and bands and to check them out before buying album. Also handy to listen music with it whenever own CD's ain't available.
ann268 wrote:Very different from the road ahead. If he plays some of his new album, I can imagine where they gonna use the accordeon. The Spotify app is getting the whole album. Many albums of Chris have appeared on Spotify.
I don't use it though, lol.