The man The voice The guitar

A new Tour "last open Road

Stop the presses
Amarch
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: A new Tour "last open Road

Post by Amarch »

I've been at the Salzburg concert yesterday.
Great concert, but nothing new, no setlist changes.
When the band left the stage after "Let's dance" the lights stayed out and some footage from "La Passione" was shown on the stage screen with "Girl in a sports car" and "Where the grey skies turn to blue" played from tape.
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

Amarch wrote:I've been at the Salzburg concert yesterday.
When the band left the stage after "Let's dance" the lights stayed out and some footage from "La Passione" was shown on the stage screen with "Girl in a sports car" and "Where the grey skies turn to blue" played from tape.
absolutely insane to not change the setlist, but of course we all knew it beforehand.
good thing the gig was great, but..........
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Oh, i think these are the words "just for the interview". Of course this is bullshit and Chris never did care if a setlist should depend on a country or promoter's point of view.

Chris keeps on telling small lies in interviews. E.g., in the same interview he says his chances of survival after the major operation in 2000 were 1:5 while in other interviews he says it was 1:3 or 1:2. Also his statements about the time running of the operation vary from 7 to 14 hours and the amount of weight he lost then.I think it is simply because he does not consider these numbers important and they really aren't.

best regards
Andrey
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

andrew fischer wrote:Oh, i think these are the words "just for the interview". Of course this is bullshit and Chris never did care if a setlist should depend on a country or promoter's point of view.

Chris keeps on telling small lies in interviews. E.g., in the same interview he says his chances of survival after the major operation in 2000 were 1:5 while in other interviews he says it was 1:3 or 1:2. Also his statements about the time running of the operation vary from 7 to 14 hours and the amount of weight he lost then.I think it is simply because he does not consider these numbers important and they really aren't.

best regards
Andrey
yeah, careless to tell the truth on interview or change the setlists.....
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Amarch wrote:I've been at the Salzburg concert yesterday.
Hi Amarch,

thanks a lot for your feedback! It is sad, of course, that there are no changes, but the closing footage brings me back to enthusiastic mood.

This all makes me think that Chris finally managed to get access and the copyrights for the original La Passione materials but ows Warner who owned them a heap of money and thus needs a guaranteed profit from the tour to break even and has no right for experiment.

BTW, were the closing videos new or just the old La Passione footage?

best regards
Andrey
Leo
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Leo »

Hi guys,

Why should one tell in an interview about X and do Y a few days later? Maybe he IS changing his set list in every country, but we only can tell this after a few gigs. Or am I too optimistic now? 8)

Regards,
Leo
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

i´m afraid you are too optimistic, there would have been changes already yesterday if there is gonna be them. but time will tell as they say.
Leo wrote:Hi guys,

Why should one tell in an interview about X and do Y a few days later? Maybe he IS changing his set list in every country, but we only can tell this after a few gigs. Or am I too optimistic now? 8)

Regards,
Leo
Leo
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Leo »

[quote="MRB"]i´m afraid you are too optimistic, there would have been changes already yesterday if there is gonna be them. but time will tell as they say.

OK, let's see then what happens tonight in CZ.

But, if the show will be an (exact) copy of the one in AUS yesterday, how do we know that the recordings on the USB stick will be the one from the show you have visited?
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Leo wrote:OK, let's see then what happens tonight in CZ.

But, if the show will be an (exact) copy of the one in AUS yesterday, how do we know that the recordings on the USB stick will be the one from the show you have visited?
Some Russian fans will attend today's gig in Prague, so I will get their reports quite quick and let you all know.

You are pointing out an amazing issue - indeed, if the setlist all the same and you only buy recording from one show (in most cases), how can you tell one show from another? Thus is becomes possible to record far less shows than 34 announced ) Sounds foolish but logical ))

best regards
Andrey
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

i can almost make a bet about it that there won´t be changes on setlist, no matter if the gigs will be recorded or not.
Leo wrote:
MRB wrote:i´m afraid you are too optimistic, there would have been changes already yesterday if there is gonna be them. but time will tell as they say.

OK, let's see then what happens tonight in CZ.

Leo
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Leo »

andrew fischer wrote: You are pointing out an amazing issue - indeed, if the setlist all the same and you only buy recording from one show (in most cases), how can you tell one show from another? Thus is becomes possible to record far less shows than 34 announced ) Sounds foolish but logical ))

best regards
Andrey
There's only one way to find out: from now on, during the intro of, lets' say, Road to Hell, the audience on the 1st row should scream 'You go Chris, in X'!!!, where X stands for the city in which he is playing at that moment. :-) Then we'll see which city/cities will have been recorded...
Amarch
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Amarch »

andrew fischer wrote:
Amarch wrote:
BTW, were the closing videos new or just the old La Passione footage?

best regards
Andrey

I have no idea because the "La Passione" movie was never available in Austria, therefore I've never seen it.
But the footage reminded me of the fotos in the CD-booklet.
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Amarch wrote:I have no idea because the "La Passione" movie was never available in Austria, therefore I've never seen it.
But the footage reminded me of the fotos in the CD-booklet.
La Passine official VHS was very hard to get anywhere, but now that there are heaps of uploads on YouTube with the footage from the movie and even the entire 30 min interview with Chris about making of La Passione: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEcjziIooTQ

Were these the clips you saw yesterday?
Girl in a Sports Car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=008SHKg5ThM
When the Grey Skies Turn to Blue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHm0ZTBdkaw

And I can privately upload the whole movie to share with you if you wish.

best regards
Andrey
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

so, was it the same setlist?

by the way I saw some video and there were two background singers, but is that enough of a change if the setlist remains the same? hardly....
andrew fischer wrote: Some Russian fans will attend today's gig in Prague, so I will get their reports quite quick and let you all know.
Andrey
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi MRB,

of course, it was all the same 1.5 hrs set. Not a single change.

Thanks to Russian fans who bought the memory stick right after the gig (presale is at the entrance and you get the stick with the 1st part of the recording after the gig along with the code to download the 2nd part), I have already got the first half of the concert recording and will get the second part shortly.

If anybody is interested in getting this recording and saving EUR 30, please free to contact me on my mailbox andrew-fischer@yandex.ru

best regards
Andrey