The man The voice The guitar

BULL FIGHTING DVD / CD - YOU MUST BE EVIL

Stop the presses
MIGHTYQUINN
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

BULL FIGHTING DVD / CD - YOU MUST BE EVIL

Post by MIGHTYQUINN »

I enjoy the CD Santo Spirito Blues! With the inclusion of the Bull Fighting DVD/ CD, I find Chris Rea hypocritical in family / human values, if you recall "You Must Be Evil" (you don't have to show that stuff, can't you show us some respect). Go Figure? Is it time for Road To Hell ?
Chris mentions angels & devils in many tunes with victory from the evil world.
But with this included within the box set , the devil worked it's way!
Bull Fighting is barbaric, tell me there's a heaven
Have respect for animals, All You Need Is Love.
MightyQuinn
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: BULL FIGHTING DVD / CD - YOU MUST BE EVIL

Post by Jim M »

Hi MightyQuinn
I think you're missing the point of the Bullfighting DVD.Chris is making a very strong anti bullfighting statement with support of many animal rights groups (listed on liner notes).As he has said in interviews he dosen't want to beat the viewer over the head with his opinion so he presented it this way for you to decide and it's pretty obvious all but the most barberic would disagree w/bullfighting.I think he succeded in pointing this issue out to many that had no opinion either way but now are horrified by what they see and may take action.THis "shock value" presentation seems to be very effective.As far as showing these horrific images as it relates to The Road to Hell just the fact it's on a DVD (where you are aware of what you're about to see) vs it being on TV (where a child could watch by accident) is the difference.PLus he's making a strong anti violence statement as oposed to showing these images for ratings.I think the bullfighting CD is one of the best things he's ever done but the DVD will probably be watched once by most people.
It's interesting no one has complained about the Santo Spirito DVD.FRom my standpoint he's slamming "organized" religions as "tricking" people.I heard an interview with him where he explained he has faith but the best way to screw that up is to give it a name,make rules and expect everyone to think the same.He went on to say he believes in something (due to what he's been through with his health) but it can't be labeled.I go along with him on that but I amazed people have not gone after him on his (what appears to be) criticisam of organized religions as some a very touchy on this subject.After several watchings I really enjoy the Santo Spirito DVD and CD is also one of the best he's ever done. Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

I'm really trying to like the Santo Spirito Blues CD but I'm not really enjoying it !
Maybe it's because the other 2 CD's are so good !
Jim
MIGHTYQUINN
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by MIGHTYQUINN »

I'm not trying to create a debate within this forum & give the devil (evil) wasted time on negativity matters.
Instead, Chris Rea should get some postive ideas like PETA involvement & other animal rights activists org. to bring this bull fighting (madness) to attention. "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows", or
You don't need a DVD / CD that bull fighting is barbaric, it's already been established!
There are many other ways for the Bull Fighting cult to make money with bravery myths, sorry I don't buy that "bull"! Try a "Chance of Love".
"It's All About Money!" That tune shoud be in the Bull Fighting DVD / CD, ! (fits perfect)
Regardless if Chris Rea is against or for bull fighting, this is not artistic or musical journey he is sharing.
If this Bull Fighting CD / DVD was to be released by itself (without inclusion of the Santo Spirito Blues box set)
It would be a failure!
Unfortunately, Chris Rea music admirers had to spend more money on a half superficial Bull Fighting box set .
I've been & remain a Chris Rea music admirer since 1979, thanking God for taking care of him with his health
issues. Hoping he gets some positive inspirations to create his talented vision/condition within his music
I'm not going to reply back on this negative subject & will end with a few quotes:
"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated".
"If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals".
Come On "without"! Come on "within",
Peace & Love,
MIghtyQuinn
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Nothing wrong with a little healthy debate and I too have been a Chris REa fan since 1979 and agree with your wished for him.I do feel he created this to point the situation out to people who are not aware how barberic it really is.Not everyone was aware of the true brutality involved.Again he didn't use Peta as a sponsor but there are several groups who he's worked with who also sponsor animal rights.Also at the price he sold 3 CD's & 2 DVD's I don't believe it was about the money.You may disagree with how he presented the animal rights issue but I think we're all in agreement it needs to be stopped !
Peace & Love back at you
Jim