The man The voice The guitar

Anything new ?

Stop the presses
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Anything new ?

Post by Mr_Blues »

Jim M wrote:REvolver Records is a record label.
They don't seem to have big names -Sass Jordan is on Revolver records
Jim
What is the interesting part, is what is their role in the future projects, time will tell.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
chrisreafan

Re: Anything new ? maybe something for Mr Blues?

Post by chrisreafan »

CHRIS REA The Road To Hell (Rare 1989 UK official BPI multi-platinum award disc presented to WEA RECORDS to commemorate sales in the UK of more than 900,000 copies of the Magnet album. The award features a platinum LP with picture label mounted above 3 mini-platinum 'BPI 300,000' discs, plus a miniature of the album artwork and the custom 'BPI Certified' engraved dedication plaque. This nicely framed and glazed award measures 16" x 22". A stunning item) ** Complete With Certificate Of Authenticity **.

See Eil.com.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Anything new ? maybe something for Mr Blues?

Post by Mr_Blues »

chrisreafan wrote:CHRIS REA The Road To Hell (Rare 1989 UK official BPI multi-platinum award disc presented to WEA RECORDS to commemorate sales in the UK of more than 900,000 copies of the Magnet album. The award features a platinum LP with picture label mounted above 3 mini-platinum 'BPI 300,000' discs, plus a miniature of the album artwork and the custom 'BPI Certified' engraved dedication plaque. This nicely framed and glazed award measures 16" x 22". A stunning item) ** Complete With Certificate Of Authenticity **.

See Eil.com.
not really, just waiting for the new music :D
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Same here, something always to look forward to is a new release from Chris Rea. Just wish the news would appear soon. I guess he has had a bit to deal with since his fathers passing.
could this be true, could this be me..
SycManic
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by SycManic »

it seams like new album is coming
is this true
http://www.prbust.com/articles/68416719 ... to-Project
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Bad Marketing...again

Post by tobi777 »

Hello all,

I'm a bit disappointed of Chris' "new" record company and his management - only one month left until the release of his new album and still no noticeable activity. His official website is just black, Rhino UK doesn't say anything at all about a new release (same with Warner Germany). No advertising, no posters :( Why can't they appreciate his merits and promote his music properly?

Cheers,

Tobi
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

Hi tobi,

you are abselutly right. Cant find anything about the new release. Its a shame. Why did Chris go back to warner ? Cant understand it.

Greets
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

By the way, I don't even think he did go back to them, he just released a new The Best of CD with them. And I guess that was it? I don't think Warner would let something like 'Dancing the Blues away' play on the radio :)
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Hi,

I posted an email to Townsend Record to ask if the release of Open Road will be on the same date in Europe as in the UK.
The answer I got today:
Thanks for your email, this item is for a pre-order for a release next month. More information will be available closer to the release date.

So just lets wait and hang in there!

Ann :D
You're never to old to dance!
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi all,

Same is true over here, in Warsaw. I've inquired in local multimedia stores and with the Local WB subsidy, which usually carry all major releases here, and they all "haven't heard anything, yet". "It's (he's) not in the system"; "there's no official announcement abut this release..." etc. So, all kind of excuses and I guess something's fishy, to put it mildly... But there's no question I'll get this album, one way or another, if it will be published on that date (June 13, 2011.)
Best regards to all CR's fans,
Chris
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

I know ...i know we are all waiting for the release of Santo Spirito and Last Open Road.

But i want to point out that there's an album out called ' The Guitar, Laidback (guitar)Songs.

I downloaded it yesterday, 31 numbers and two of them from Chris. Very clear in sound. Road to Hell Part 2 (which most of us have a dozen of times but again i think a very good studio sound) and the most important (don't know if its already on some compilation album given out) a live recording of 'On the Beach' 2006.

Those interested check out the 7Digital site and look under those which cover Chris (so not his own albums) (where he is on). If you only want the live version of 'On the Beach' it will cost you by them 1.29 €.

By the way i hate this waiting game. I think Pizzaaddi will bring out the news first, but maybe i am wrong.
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

Hi chrisreafan

I hope i will be the first, but if anybody else is the first its indifferent. Hope we will get some information very soon.... I am waiting for the new work.

Pizzaaddi
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

I found something on virgin media.

Here is the link for the last open road an santo spirito blues. Who is virgin media ? Record label ? Dont know.

http://www.virginmedia.com/music/browse/chris-rea/
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

I think its from that guy Branson in Great Britain. Very rich. Started out in music if i am correct. Now more known for his aeroplanes (meaning flightcompany) carrier?
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

A new video on You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcG5repIY7Q

Have fun :D
Ann
You're never to old to dance!