The man The voice The guitar

Another 'REA' set for live debut

Stop the presses
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Another 'REA' set for live debut

Post by ace of hearts »

Not Chris Rea news related directly, but still intresting, a cousin of. Take a read, photo on there, cannot paste that.
http://fansonline.net/onegiantleap/article.php?id=352
extract pasted below. Also found this on myspace for her. Good luck to her, http://www.myspace.com/caterinarea

Huge local favourite Caterina Rea is emerging from the shadow of her famous family name and bagging the close attentions of the national music industry in her own right.

Caterina, 24, a distant cousin of Boro music legend Chris Rea, has built a growing and loyal following on the busy local music scene over the last two years, and now has major UK and US record labels taking notice of her smoky soulful voice.

And, with a brand new band behind her, Caterina is headlining the ever-popular Hairy Lemon Stage in a debut show at this year’s Middlesbrough Music Live on Sunday (6 June).

Music teacher Caterina, 24, from Linthorpe, said: “This is the first time I’ve played at Music Live, and I’m really looking forward to it. I’ve always enjoyed going to Music Live as a fan – it’s always an amazing day, and just a really cool thing for the town – so I’m really pleased to be playing on the day itself.

“The rest of this year’s line-up looks as great as ever – there always seems to be something for everyone – and I’m really looking forward to seeing The Hoosiers on the Main Stage.”

Caterina’s dad, Adrian Rea, himself a much-respected figure on the Teesside music scene, is Chris’s cousin and former drummer - but Caterina is quick to point out that she is very much her own woman.

Caterina said: “I’m obviously proud of Chris and what’s he’s achieved, but I’ve always wanted to enjoy my music in my own way. Basically, I love music, and especially playing live, so Music Live will be a proper day to remember.”

Caterina headlines Music Live’s ever-popular Hairy Lemon Stage, with Hartlepool’s legendary White Negroes, the barnstorming Ska Beats and ace Beautiful South/Housemartins tribute band The Southmartins also included in a cast-iron line-up of some of the best bands currently playing the busy Tees music scene.

Organised by Middlesbrough Council in partnership with local promoters Ten Feet Tall, Music Live attracted over 50,000 people last year and is now firmly established as one of the freshest and best-respected free festivals in the country.

And this year almost 100 bands and performers will again feature on a dozen stages right in the heart of the Town Centre, with the Sunday Times, Daily Telegraph and The Guardian all choosing this year’s Music Live as one of the ‘best 100 festivals’ of the summer.

Top pop favourites The Hoosiers are this year’s headliners, with emerging acts including Professor Green, Example, Detroit Social Club, Frankie & The Heartstrings, and Daisy Dares You also lined up to entertain the crowds.

Middlesbrough Music Live, Sunday June 6, Middlesbrough Town Centre. Gates open: 11.30am. First band onstage: 12 noon. FREE! For further information and updates, visit http://www.middlesbroughmusiclive.co.uk
could this be true, could this be me..
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Re: Another 'REA' set for live debut

Post by elangelo »

Well, yes, good luck to her! :)
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Peter S...
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Peter S... »

Interesting post. Thanks.

Peter S...
Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind the guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Down on the beach
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

good for her, though I can´t stand the style of music which she performs :D
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

me neither :lol:
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

I'll third that !
THat's why I never watch American Idol !
Good luck to her anyway !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea