Chris on german TV - 31.10.2009 Carmen Nebel Show

Stop the presses
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Chris on german TV - 31.10.2009 Carmen Nebel Show

Post by pizzaaddi »

Hi all,

just got an E Mail that Chris appears on Carmen Nebel show in german TV (ZDF) on 31st OIctober.

Together with Sir Cliff Richard and many others.

Lets wait and see.

Pizzaaddi
Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: Chris on german TV - 31.10.2009 Carmen Nebel Show

Post by Müfo »

Oh nooooooo! Not on these horrible ,,Schlagershows" again :shock: I thought these times have passed??!! Chris will hate it!
BLUEHOOD71
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by BLUEHOOD71 »

Müfo wrote:Oh nooooooo! Not on these horrible ,,Schlagershows" again :shock: I thought these times have passed??!! Chris will hate it!
Whats a Schlagershow???
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

Q bluehood71

A schlagershow is a tv show with " Stars" who sings german schlager songs. :wink:

German words, and normally no one who is younger than 65 will watch these shows.

Its very horrible and i thought that chris will appear on "Wetten dass ... " . :(

Poor warner.... :evil:

Chris will hate it !!!
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Oh no :( :(

In Germany we have a certain music style called "Volksmusik" - translated it means "folk music" - but in most cases it isn't traditional "real" folk music but very poorly made muzak with ridiculusly dressed "bands" miming to a playback that sounds like it had been recorded during a five minute lunch break.

Unfortunately these tasteless sh** is quite popular especially among older people - of which we have got a lot of in our Country (maybe it's because they're just hard of hearing). So the TV stations regulated by public law adjusted their programme accordingly...

After the fall of the german wall Carmen Nebel became a famous (or should I say infamous) presenter of these omnipresent shows.

This is soooo embarassing for Chris - perls before swine, really - a huge setback and an indication of bad management. Just like in the old days...

REAgards,

Tobi
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi all,

Well, at least some of us will have an occasion to see Chris via satellite performing on German (public) television.
"Old" people we all will one day become. Senior citizens have their rights, too. After all they pay taxes. Especially German radio and television monthly dues (sort of tax for owning and using radio and/or tv set.) Chris Rea's fans over the years grew up with him and yes, some of them are also - just as Chris is - 58, 60 or older.
This information coming out of Germany only confirms what I suspected all along, namely: Chris is being asked by his record company to play in all these strange programs, take part in shows and in numerous interviews to make money and thus generate means for future projects. He's evidently strapped for cash. I don't see anything wrong with trying to re-gain his place on the market.
Take care,
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi All,
Hi Chris :)
I REALLY don't care what type of TV Chris was on does anyone either have a review of the said show or is it possible to watch it again outside of Germany.If Chris is appearing as a guest on it then in my opinion it is worth watching.I am not over 60 or even 50 for that matter :lol:
I just want to watch Chris :lol:
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Tina and all,

Yes Tina, I feel the same way as you; I want to see Chris performing on TV, anytime, anyplace.
Besides, he is appearing as a 'guest artist' (sometimes they are being called 'special guest'), so he's not, in a strict sense, a part of the show itself. He maintains his independence and integrity all the time.
But what I was trying to say is this: these shows are paying for Chris Rea's future projects and that's what counts the most.
I don't know if you are 'covered' by some German TV programs via satellite. We, in Easter Europe, are in the range of at least two (2) German TV platforms. I have, for instance, some 16 (or even more?) German-language programs to choose from. From Bavarian TV (which I adore, because it's not so commercialized) to Radio TV Bremen, on the North See shore.
Chris Rea will appear on either ZDF or ARD (check the programs), which are the two biggest public TV channels in Germany. The signal is also carried by some local stations, so he will have a big coverage indeed.
Speaking further about promotion, Polish radio stations are playing 'Come so far' round the clock (sort of) with voice interruptions by Chris (in the middle of the song) saying: "Hi, I'm Chris Rea and you are listening to radio x."
These jingles are being prerecorded and distributed to radio stations all over, upon request, I guess.
It's a very sophisticated game of promotion we all, one way or another, participate.
All the best to you all,
Chris
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Furthermore, if I remember correctly, "guest artists" on these (and similar) TV "shows for older people" (not politically correct, indeed!) have always been asked politely: "how are you doing?; it's nice to see you again!" (great, thank you etc.!), "is there any new CD coming up?" (yes, as a matter of fact!), so evidently it's all for promotional reasons.
Chris will play one, two or three of his songs (perhaps from playback) with three "entries" in all and that will be it. These are typical promotional "pluggings"....
Best regards to all,
Chris
Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by Müfo »

But we german Rea fans have again to vindicate in our circle of friends why we love the music of somebody who appears on such superficial shows :D ! Of course age doesn`t say anything about the quality (all these great blues heroes between 80 an 100 ;-)) and of course it is for promotion, but most of the viewers of these shows don`t care about music and they won`t by any record or tickets. In my opinion it will damage the hard acquired image that Chris tried to reach after his illness: A fantastic guitar player who is in it only for the music. I´m dreaming of things like the BBC live performance and the great interviews on the radios the last weeks to be broadcastet here in Germany :-)!
Reagards to you all
Jan
ronald
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by ronald »

At least they do him honour by calling what he is, a 'weltklassegitarrist' ! (world-class guitarist)

I have just programmed my DVD recorder, I'll post it on youtube for all those not able to watch it live :wink:
My Chris Rea page: http://www.chrisrea.biz
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Did anybody record the show...???

A German friend on Facebook told me he lipsynched again but was very funny in the interview.

Lily
tz5632
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by tz5632 »

Hi Lily,

yeah, he lipsynched very badly :) But I think that's normal for him - he just like to play live and not to act like he is doing it...

The presentator of this show (Ms. Carmen Nebel) confessed that she has been trying to get Chris Rea in her show for a very long time. And finally it is going to happen. So the camera was showing her during Chris' gig several times and she was (obviously) enjoying the performance. Here's a link (unfortunately without the interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCGQ57BdmZk).

The interview was funny but nothing new was revealed - he is doing now blues music because he wanted to do something he liked, he started painting when his wife told him to do so during his illness, he liked the German audiences and love to come back in 2010 to tour (50 concerts in Europe). To sum it all up he likes to be with his family and live a "normal" life.

I hope that will help you a little bit...

Best wishes from Germany to the other side of the Atlantic :)
Tobias
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Wonder where Martin is as there is some other guy behind the drum kit.
Hopefully it´s just for this tv show and not for good as he is been there with
Chris for so long now and he is part of the whole picture.

Other thing, really hate these "live performances" on tv where the music comes from tape,
so god -. embarrassing for the bands which has to do that....
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Thank you Tobi for posting this video. Carmen Nebel said in the beginning "at last, here he is, Chris Rea", so she was very happy to have him on her show. I've noticed a very friendly attitude towards Chris and his band, regardless who was at the drums. A couple of years back, I remember, when Chris came to Warsaw to promote one of his albums here, he took along a group of musicians including one of his brothers...
It was, after all, both in Warsaw and here in the ZDF studio, a trip just for one show and the audiences only wanted to see Chris and hear his new songs. So, even though he hasn't looked too happy in this German show, he performed on stage and that's really all what counts.
The interview was voiced-over in German so one would have to translate it back into English, but it was also very polite and correct.
Thank you once more,
Chris