LIVE SESSION VIDEO OF CHRIS

Stop the presses
Tina3
Support
Support

Re: LIVE SESSION VIDEO OF CHRIS

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris,
Chris wrote:Thank you Ronald for posting these links. We, in all these far away countries, could not listen and watch the videos directly from the BBC site for known, already explained to us reasons.
After watching this live session I'm only convinced even more that we all should be grateful to Chris for still playing at all after all his illnesses as well as his current health condition. He's wearing glasses, his forearm is bandaged and he appears to be losing his voice. So, I don't understand why some fans would even expect him to 'give us more', to 'change the setlist' each concert etc. Before any tour musicians rehearse a number of tunes but they cannot possibly play everything. The less surprises on stage the better.
As far as the music industry, well 'he who pays the piper calls the tune', meaning: it's the mainstream concert goers who decide what songs should be played because these are exactly the tunes they all know best and they expect Chris to play them. It's as simple as that.
And yes, Chris counts very much on revenues from downloads, concerts and stores.
I couldn't have put it better myself. I have watched these videos for the 1st time this morning and I am honest to say I was a bit shocked to see Chris.For once he looked tired, still in good form though.The videos were great to watch as is always
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by Müfo »

Yea, thanks a lot Andrew and Ronald! Chris reminds me here a bit of Lou Reed, the outfit the glasses... very cool!:-)
Ok, his voice thounds like voices sound in the early morning :-) but listen to his singing in the end of ,,still so far" (after the solo)- stunning! I love it when he sings with power!
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

Hi Tina and Chris,

i think Chris looks old for many years. Its because of his illness. He wears glasses since the stony road film.

And i heared the interview with ken bruce before the show and chris said thats a little bit strange to play a concert without people watching it.

So i think chris was nervous and a little bit shy playing his songs. His voice is as good as it ever was. ( in my opignion)

Why he has bandaged his arm, i do not know. Maybe its because of playing so much guitar ( concert in london )?

Chris is 58 now and not a young boy. And because of that he is doing a good job !
ronald
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by ronald »

I don't know if he looks tired or is losing his voice, remember this session was recorded between 09:30 and 12:00 in the morning, a very unusual time to play for an audience, as Chris mentioned at some point before the first song.
My Chris Rea page: http://www.chrisrea.biz
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
pizzaaddi wrote:Why he has bandaged his arm, i do not know. Maybe its because of playing so much guitar ( concert in london )?
Hi pizzaaddi,
Chris played amazingly well at his Bush Hall concert as usual but I don't think that is the reason for the bandage on his arm.He is having steroid injections for damage he did while working out.
pizzaaddi wrote:Chris is 58 now and not a young boy. And because of that he is doing a good job !

Yes he still does an amazing job :)
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
maranelloman
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by maranelloman »

Yet again I say many thanks to Ronald, yes Chris looked and sounded a bit tired, but hey what the hell. He is still FANTASTIC. Many thanks Chris!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe the bandaged forearm was to to a crash at Oulton Park race circuit at last weekend. Anyway Chris speedy recovery, and all the best for the forthcoming tour. There are many many thousands of fans waiting to see you.....Take care my friend 8) 8) 8)
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Noticed that during these radio sessions Chris wore almost the same shirt as he did at Lorelei Rockpalast 1985 gig... Auld lang syne...
Last edited by andrew fischer on 16 Oct 2009, 07:50, edited 1 time in total.
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Totally different shirts Andrew!!! You men don't know fashion... :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbVf7Y6fslw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhhjhHWSoi8

Lily
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by vivienne »

I agree with you Lily. The shirt in the 1985 gig had a collar while the shirt in the radio session has no collar. Similar colour blue but that's as close as it gets!
'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me