The man The voice The guitar

LIVE SESSION VIDEO OF CHRIS

Stop the presses
Crusoe
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

LIVE SESSION VIDEO OF CHRIS

Post by Crusoe »

Hi ; this has just been posted on radio 2 web site of Chris live performance.

Playing with his glasses on !! well it was 9.30 am .. and he told the interviewer he is not a morning person ..just like me :-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/chris-rea/

This Video is available only, until 2359 on Friday 16 October 2009.

Enjoy
There's nothing to fear
Nothing to fear
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Re: LIVE SESSION VIDEO OF CHRIS

Post by ace of hearts »

I'm going to check it out later when all of the performances are on there. Listened to a radio show this morning for the first time in ages !
45 minutes to his appearence on ITV1 now.
could this be true, could this be me..
Crusoe
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Crusoe »

I will have to watch that later on iPlayer..not sure my boss will like me skiving off for Chris
There's nothing to fear
Nothing to fear
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Well, I´m victim of online discrimination, because I don´t live in UK I can´t see these videos.
Has anyone copied these to Youtube or so??? Could someone help us who can´t see them because
of living in wrong country??? I can tell, one god [EDIT: Please don't use this word] joke during these modern technology times....
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Crusoe
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Crusoe »

Mr_Blues wrote:Well, I´m victim of online discrimination, because I don´t live in UK I can´t see these videos.
Has anyone copied these to Youtube or so??? Could someone help us who can´t see them because
of living in wrong country??? I can tell, one god [EDIT: Please don't use this word] joke during these modern technology times....
that's strange you cant view the vidoes. BBC must have embedded a blocking system for outside ISP.
I will try and copy them to You Tube..though not sure it will work.
There's nothing to fear
Nothing to fear
Crusoe
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Crusoe »

You can hear the full interview with Chris on Radio 2.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00n1s6j

It starts at 0.14 and then spreads through the show.

Some very funny bits, especially when Chris introduces the Band ! :lol:
There's nothing to fear
Nothing to fear
Peter S...
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Peter S... »

Mr_Blues wrote:Well, I´m victim of online discrimination, because I don´t live in UK I can´t see these videos.
The BBC is funded by a TV license in effect a tax on all British citizens that have a television, therefore the BBC online blocks all non British address from viewing any clips (sport, news, music).

I have tried to copy/download them but failed miserably. Sorry.

Peter S...
Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind the guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Down on the beach
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

I think that word could be used by Mr. B. as it really reflected what we think about this country block.

"Still So Far to Go" sounds really like "I Can't Dance to That" in the live version! and even more similar to the ZZ Top track.

That's funny that Chris doesn't even care about where he will be going while on tour! "Ask my agent" :o
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
maranelloman
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by maranelloman »

Just watched the videos from Radio2. They were fabulous. Good old BBC....... Bart next time you see Chris ask him to get them all on a DVD. I felt as though I was in the studio with them. Not watching a huge concert, much better to see Chris close up with the band, almost like a studio setting concert. "If you know what I mean"?
He makes it look so easy doesn't he. :D
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

elangelo wrote:I think that word could be used by Mr. B. as it really reflected what we think about this country block.

That's funny that Chris doesn't even care about where he will be going while on tour! "Ask my agent" :o
Coz' he's not a rock star as he said and just loves playing music so he's just touring :lol: anywhere the wind blows :D

Really did appreciate Josephine live on this show. Back to 90's indeed! and if it's gonna be in that way further I don't think it's that bad as some of us here do consider.
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
Don't forget Chris is live again at 1 o clock today Saturday on Smooth Radio Northeast :)
The more the better I say :)
Tina :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Well, started to listen this instead of seeing videos.
Listening songs on live shows how I would love to hear drums on Chris Rea albums,
there are no smoothing or anything else editing which is happening on his recent albums.

Another thing comes to my mind, Chris really should record his albums on live in studio
instead of recoring instrument after another separately and then doing the trick by adding them
together and doing all the god [EDIT: Please don't use this word] smoothing, editing and any other bullshit what they do.

It would be a killer album if he would record it that way, on live in studio, all the guys playing
together at the same time like it should be done...

Hah hah, had to add this: amazing, forum is editing off the word - but you can use word bullshit, which is worst word out of these two words??? :D
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

More adds to this while listening radio live show, now he is actually mentioning Scandinavia over there.
But no live dates in Scandinavia, idiotic.....

Come So Far...sounds about right on live, great thing. This is the style I like to see him doing,
no going back in time...PLEASE...

Other than that, I really think that Chris should have usen some imagination when choosing the songs which he performs online in this radio show. I mean, here he is again, doing the old songs from which he wanted to get out, well this ain´t the way of doing it, man play some new blues songs already.....
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi all,

I also got "this video is not available in your area" when I tried to play it, but I guess the BBC is blocking all outside users as someone already mentioned it here.
The radio interview is spread through the program, therefore one has to go back and forth to fish out the songs and parts of the interview itself.
I also think that Chris should play live sessions and record them for future CDs and DVDs. Besides, he always plays the old songs differently.
As far as playing the "old song", well be has to promote the album. That's why he has to include cuts from the two CDs on the market.
As far as reversing himself in his announcements ('from now on only blues' etc.), I'm of the opinion that's part of the deal of being taken back on by the Warner Bros.
Best regards to all,
Chris
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Chris wrote:Hi all,

I also got "this video is not available in your area" when I tried to play it, but I guess the BBC is blocking all outside users as someone already mentioned it here.
The radio interview is spread through the program, therefore one has to go back and forth to fish out the songs and parts of the interview itself.
I also think that Chris should play live sessions and record them for future CDs and DVDs. Besides, he always plays the old songs differently.
As far as playing the "old song", well be has to promote the album. That's why he has to include cuts from the two CDs on the market.
As far as reversing himself in his announcements ('from now on only blues' etc.), I'm of the opinion that's part of the deal of being taken back on by the Warner Bros.
Best regards to all,
Chris
It really doesn´t matter which way he plays these songs, it´s dead boring to hear always these same ones.
Chris has hundreds of songs in his catalogue, it´s plain boring and shows no inspiration what so ever to do the same ones over and over again.