The man The voice The guitar

About the new best of album

Stop the presses
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

About the new best of album

Post by Mr_Blues »

First of all, very strange that the original topic is locked, you can´t write comments anymore....

To the main issue, about what I´m gonna say. It is very foolish to name the new collection as
"Fool if you think it's over (The definitive greatest hits)". Why those new songs are
in the collection, why those songs and why not some other ones? It´s hard to find a reason
or a explanation to why these songs can be titled as one of his definitive greatest hits, or what you people say??!?!
It would have been better to record full album of old hits as new versions and call that definitive greatest hits or then just use some other title to the collection.

Anyhow, will be interesting to hear those new versions and surely I will have to buy this album :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Tina3
Support
Support

Re: About the new best of album

Post by Tina3 »

HI Mr Blues,
1st things 1st WELCOME BACK.It has been sometime since you have been around.I hope you are keeping well :)
Mr_Blues wrote:Fool if you think it's over (The definitive greatest hits)". Why those new songs are
in the collection, why those songs and why not some other ones?
Who knows....Chris does as he pleases.I reckon it's as fans say that this album is been released more by the record company to gerenate funds and hopefully to show people what Chris is like now.
Mr_Blues wrote:It would have been better to record full album of old hits as new versions and call that definitive greatest hits or then just use some other title to the collection.
I can't answer your question but you do have a point.How can a song that's new be included in an album that is called Fool If You Think It's Over (definitive greatest hits).It would seem to make more sense to include his older songs.Maybe we need to wait and see what we think of the album and then decide.You never know what Chris has in his head.One thing I do think is that calling it FIYTIO Chris is saying that it's NOT over just changed again and his best songs have changed yet again.A sign of pure talent I would think.

I hope you are going to stick around this time.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Mr_Blues wrote:First of all, very strange that the original topic is locked, you can´t write comments anymore....
Hi Mr. Blues..... :D

You lost me on this one....
which Fool topic is closed...?

I posted on this one this morning and it seems to be working fine, :D
http://www.chrisrea.nl/community/viewto ... a&start=45

Lily
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

lilybee wrote:
Mr_Blues wrote:First of all, very strange that the original topic is locked, you can´t write comments anymore....
Hi Mr. Blues..... :D

You lost me on this one....
which Fool topic is closed...?

I posted on this one this morning and it seems to be working fine, :D
http://www.chrisrea.nl/community/viewto ... a&start=45

Lily
Talking about this topic, that is locked: http://www.chrisrea.nl/community/viewto ... =17&t=1324
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Oh, I see it now Mr. Blues.... :D

I think Bart likes to keep all the same topics to one thread only.

Sometimes he merges them, this time he locked it, no biggie...

Lily
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hello everyone,

Well, I bought the new album in Munich all right. It was already available on Sep. 19 even though the official release date was Sep. 26! I picked a copy at the Mueller Drugstore for 14,99 Euro. It's "ecologically" packed and looks nice. Unfortunately, I don't have a machine to play it here in Munich. Anyway, the annual Oktoberfest is more important!
Take care,
Chris
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Chris, :D

Enjoy your beer and let us know what you think of the album when you get back.

(Not that there's anything new on this release that we haven't talked about already.... :lol: )

Lily

P.S. If anybody can get an extra copy of the album in the UK (or Germany!),
I'll gladly send him (her) the money via PayPal.... :D
tz5632
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by tz5632 »

Hi there,

I got today my copy of the new Chris Rea CD - and I found out, that there are two different versions: one with 15 songs and one with 13 songs (minus THE SHADOW OF A FOOL and SPEED).

Ok, I listened to the six re-recorded songs and I love them - especially the new JOSEPHINE is a standout track. By the way - Chris Rea played all the instruments on the re-recorded songs and produced them himself.

Have a nice evening :)
Greetings
Tobi
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Hi Lily, my daughter is very good at German, I'm not too sure if they are setting up German pen pals at the moment, I will ask and see if we can get something posted over for us.
Rich.
could this be true, could this be me..
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks for the reply Rich, :D

Tina is getting me a copy of the Definitive Hits in the UK (yeayh !!)

I think its the one with 15 songs.

Lily
chrisrea101
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by chrisrea101 »

Hi guys,

In my opinion any new(ish) release is a good thing, hope he follows up with more earbooks however!

How can you get hold of the album if you dont live in germany? I live in the Uk, is it downloadable? order, can you order from amazon.de?

thanks for your help,

steve
Jump a train from Chicago
Trace it back
with the neck of a bottle
and the groove of the tracks
oh mississippi...running through my veins
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

You can order from amazon.de and log in with your account as at amazon.co.uk. I know people who have ordered from the site before. Friend got a Wii console from the german site last Christmas.
could this be true, could this be me..
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
Hi Steve,
chrisrea101 wrote:In my opinion any new(ish) release is a good thing, hope he follows up with more earbooks however!
Totally agree with this opinion
How can you get hold of the album if you dont live in germany? I live in the Uk, is it downloadable? order, can you order from amazon.de?
[/quote]
I ordered 2 copies of the Digipak version yesterday so I am hopeful they will get to me OK.The way it worked for me was that I have my details on my Amazon.Co.Uk site and when I logged on to the German site my details were there so it was just click and order.
This site allows you to download if you like only if you have an English Credit Card http://www.play.com/Music/MP3-Download- ... oduct.html
lilybee wrote:Tina is getting me a copy of the Definitive Hits in the UK (yeayh !!)
Lily it's ordered so I am not expecting any problems.
I hope this helps :)
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hello everyone,
I hope everyone is fine even though this site was down for a good couple of days, or even a week!
The newest CR's "Best Of" CD is great, I would say. I've been listening to it non-stop ever since returning home from an annual "pilgrimage" to Munich.
A few days ago I visited a local multi-media store (Saturn), here in Warsaw, and discovered that they are also marketing the two different versions of the "Fool If You Think It's Over" Best Of. Just as Tobias already mentioned one has 13 songs while the "reacher version" (the "jewel case") - 15 songs. There is a price difference of some one Euro ($.1,50) between the two, therefore one would cost an equivalent of $22,00 and the other about $23,50.
Local reviewers are pointing out that Chris re-recorder the first six songs playing all the instruments and producing the CD himself in the studio and stressing that all 15 songs were recorded between 2001 and 2008.
I was hopping Chris would include the "Looking For The Summer" on the latest compilation but still the CD was worth buying.
I was also hopping to buy the newest Paolo Conte's CD called "Psiche", but for unknown reasons the German release date had been moved to October 24. The "world release date" was supposed to be September 19!
Best regards to you all,
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris,
Nice to see you again and I hope you are keeping well.
I have bought the "Digi Pak" version which is the one with 15 songs.
I have listened to it too but I am finding it difficult trying to get used to these 6 versions of the songs.That doesn't mean I don't like it. I think it's a case of getting used to them.I doubt that will last long as it is Chris and I am amazed as usual that he is so talented a musician as to play all musicial instruments on the 1st 6 songs.I have to admit that when I heard Fool It was love at 1st listen and I think we finally have the versions that Chris wanted all along after all these years.Nice talking to you Chris and I hope you had a great vacation in Germany.