The man The voice The guitar

I need a special song for a good cause

The topic previously known as "General chat"...
nimble9

I need a special song for a good cause

Post by nimble9 »

Hi People,

I am new to this forum business.
I first became aware of Chris Rea when he came to Australia a long time ago. Have a couple of albums. The reason that I am writing is because I want someone of the talent and masculinity of Chris Rea to write and sing a special song.

About 100 million Chinese people used to be in volved in an exercise practice called Falun Gong. It has as its guiding principles Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance which are a bit idealistic but cerainly not bad notions. Even though it is a new movement it still managed to accumulate 100 million people mostly among Chinese but include a growing number of non asians as well. Several years ago the Chinese Communist Party banned it because it had accumulated more people practising it than the CCP had members - it posed a bit of a threat. A whole bunch of people doing funny exercises and trying to behave like decent people does not sound like a threat unless you are the Chinese Communist Party that wants to hang onto its power at all costs. So they banned FG and jailed and killed many thousands that have persisted in doing the FG thing. Of course Western polititians don't want to know about this matter because nobody is prepared to offend the CCP because everybody wants to do business with China.

I'm a strongly committed capitalist but some things have to come before making money.

My hunch is that this matter has to be cleaned up by ordinary people telling polititians what to do (which is how it is supposed to work anyway) . I am a reasonably old guy and I can remember a couple of songs that changed matters around the world.

If somebody could draw this to Chris Rea's attention I will happily buy them a few beers next time I'm in the UK.

Cheers

Jack from Aus