The man The voice The guitar

Unknown song featured in the Dancing Down The Stony Road DVD

The topic previously known as "General chat"...
tomwi11is
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Unknown song featured in the Dancing Down The Stony Road DVD

Post by tomwi11is »

Dear All,

For years I have been trying to find out what the song is that is played briefly in the Dancing Down The Stony Road DVD. It is played about halfway through the film in a recording studio. Gerry O'Connor is playing the Banjo and Chris Rea is simply clapping. Sylvain Marc then walks into the studio dancing and then everyone stops playing and laughs. I dont know if this song was ever released but its really good and just hoped someone may know what im referring to and be able to tell me what it is ?
poolie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: Unknown song featured in the Dancing Down The Stony Road

Post by poolie »

Hi Tom

I think what Gerry is doing is his overdub for the track Ride On ( Track1 CD 2 )although on the track itself not much banjo can be heard during the minute or so fade to the track!

Are you the same famous Tommy Willis, guitar tech, brought on stage at the Shepherds Bush Empire for the Square Peg track during the Blue Cafe tour? If so I recall speaking with you and Ange at Birmingham during the Farewell Tour and I think Ange recently told me you'd left the business for a career in social care or are you still teching for Bonnie Raitt?. If it's not you then my sincere apologies.

John Cooke
Hartlepool
tomwi11is
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: Unknown song featured in the Dancing Down The Stony Road

Post by tomwi11is »

Hi John,

Im afraid its not me, im only in my early 20's. Although I have met him myself at various tours. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction with the above song. I think having now listened to it your right.