The man The voice The guitar

Olympics

The topic previously known as "General chat"...
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Olympics

Post by Mr_Blues »

While listening one of the radio stations I was checking out the Olympics program with the Hockey, *****, I gotta get up on 5am to see next game, Finland - Czech Republic on tomorrow morning. Game that shows will our team continue tournament or is our games played, well Jim what you think will I watch it or not?? :)

Post edited for language
Kev.
Last edited by blueskev on 24 Feb 2010, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Listen The Real Deal Blues Music For Free In Internet

Post by Mr_Blues »

Makes me wonder, when the word Jesus has become a cursing word??
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

Mr_Blues wrote:Makes me wonder, when the word Jesus has become a cursing word??
Not a cursing word but disrespectful to religious people (which I am not particularly) when used in this context.
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Well, not the easy one, the hockey game between Finland and Czech Republic, still 0-0 and the last round is about to start. Early rise and too much coffee on the side, add with the pressure and exitement my stomach is up side down with this. Jim, congratulations on Russia game, you won big time :)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Jim, or anyone who likes the hockey, come share the feeling, we just won Czech Republic 2-0 and we will play for medals now, what a great feeling, early wake up doesn´t mind me anymore :D
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Mr_Blues wrote:Jim, or anyone who likes the hockey, come share the feeling
Hello MrBlues,
I cannot share my feelings, as I don't like hockey (sorry!) nor any other Olympic sport :s But I do have split your topic into a seperate olympic topic in "the blue café"... ;)
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Bart wrote:
Mr_Blues wrote:Jim, or anyone who likes the hockey, come share the feeling
Hello MrBlues,
I cannot share my feelings, as I don't like hockey (sorry!) nor any other Olympic sport :s But I do have split your topic into a seperate olympic topic in "the blue café"... ;)
ok, that makes perfect sense :)
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Olympics

Post by Jim M »

Yes big excitement in Vancouver yesterday ! I think the 1st period was one of the best periods of hockey any Canadian team has played ! I grew up in Winnipeg and years ago the Canadian national team played out of there so the Russians was always our arch rival -especially after the 1972 Canada /Russia series.
Today Canada vs. U.S.A. for womans gold hockey game !
Womans hockey has become a huge thing in North America.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Jim M wrote:Yes big excitement in Vancouver yesterday ! I think the 1st period was one of the best periods of hockey any Canadian team has played ! I grew up in Winnipeg and years ago the Canadian national team played out of there so the Russians was always our arch rival -especially after the 1972 Canada /Russia series.
Today Canada vs. U.S.A. for womans gold hockey game !
Womans hockey has become a huge thing in North America.
Jim
Yeah, our women are playing for the bronze :)
And men will have next game against USA which will tell will our men play for the bronze or gold :)
Gotta say, USA is very strong and we will have to have top game to be able to beat USA, but
it is possible, wouldn´t be the first time :) Oh, if we could win USA we could you maybe have Canada next,
WILD :D But let´s not jump ahead of us. What you say about your next game against Slovakia?

WELL, our women won the bronze by beating Sweden, very cool :)
In some level bronze is even better than silver, bronze you win, silver you get when you lose :)
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

My wife & I were in downtown Vancouver last night when the Canadian womans team won the gold.
What an event ! There's nothing like being in a crowd of many thousands when everyone starts to sing OH Canada ! This is just not like Canadians to do this!There was a story just on the radio that the other night on the seabus (a local water bus) everyone started singing OH Canada and when they were done 2 guys from Finland stood up and sang thier national anthem.Aparently the whole seabus went silent,listened to the song and cheered at the end -That's what it should be all about !
The Slovakia game will be interesting as they are strong as well.It could indeed be a Finland / Canada final but I think the Canadian team wants another shot at the U.S.A.
Yes it will be a very exciting weekend of hockey and it will be safe to watch the closing ceromonies as Celine Dion will not be there -apparently she's trying to get pregnant :shock:
Jim
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

SORRY Mr. Blues
Looks like your team are getting beaten by the U.S.A. !
Jim
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Jim M wrote:SORRY Mr. Blues
Looks like your team are getting beaten by the U.S.A. !
Jim
Yes, we got beaten even though we were giving our best cheers for Finland in our local pub :)
Well, we still got the bronze game and like I said ealier, that medal will be won, if you get lucky and
get to the gold game and end up getting silver that medal you lose to get that :)
Time will tell will we get the medal or not, hopefully yes :) You got the chance of beat USA and this time the match is even more high level game than earlier which you lost, it would be sweet victory for you :)
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Maybe a bit late, but i'll back Mr Blues. If and i don't see it otherwise he isn't attacking other forumers, i like a sceptic around. Not always in agreement but most of the time.

He is old and wise to defend himself but if other people are accusing or want him to disappear i like to step in.

All "Yeah" sayers isn't the way i think.

Not to start another argument but i want my point across

Considering the language, common we are all adults and some words are sometimes necessary.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Oh, man, our team ain´t giving it easy to us, we are behind two goals, hopefully we can reach 3-3 and the bronze winning goal after that, but it won´t be easy.......

I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO USE CURSING WORD RIGHT HERE, WE WON 5-3 AFTER 1-3 LOSE SITUTATION, 4 GOALLS IN LAST ROUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D 8)
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

Mr_Blues wrote: I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO USE CURSING WORD RIGHT HERE, WE WON 5-3 AFTER 1-3 LOSE SITUTATION, 4 GOALLS IN LAST ROUND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D 8)
Wow, great come back :-)
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...