The man The voice The guitar

Let's Throw a Party and Hire Chris as the entertainment!

The topic previously known as "General chat"...
jwanzong
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Let's Throw a Party and Hire Chris as the entertainment!

Post by jwanzong »

I say we throw a international Chris Rea fan party (Bart is your house available???) and hire Chris to play!

http://delafont.com/music_acts/chris-rea.htm

If we all chip in a bit who knows - we could have our own private concert. Wonder what Chris charges for an appearance? Wonder if I could afford a PRIVATE show!?! :lol:

:D :lol:
Tina3
Support
Support

Re: Let's Throw a Party and Hire Chris as the entertainment!

Post by Tina3 »

Hi jwanzsong,
jwanzong wrote:I say we throw a international Chris Rea fan party (Bart is your house available???) and hire Chris to play!
:) :)
What a fanastic idea....my question How much would fans would be willing to pay if this was possible.Me I would pay a HUGH amount a few thousand at least no problem.How would I get this money...I would beg borrow or steal :lol: :lol: :lol: only joking about the stealing.Wonder would we have a chance of acheving this.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
jwanzong
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by jwanzong »

Hi Tina,
I don't know how possible it is but I'd sure love to find out! I'd certainly chip in a few thousand even if I have to go get a job at McDonalds to raise the money. It seems like there would be a great opportunity for this type of thing - fans directly hire their artist and it is broadcast as a concert on say You Tube or Sky TV. If what's-her- bucket can get Chris to play fo rhe Sky Arts Soundtrack of My Life show then why couldn;t the fans get Chris to play for a fan appreciation concert? When the time comes maybe the fans should throw Chris a 60th birthday party and hire him as the performing act?

Cheers!
jenn :lol:
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

This thing is becoming very popular .....rock bands doing private or corporate gigs ....the Stones played at some Saudi royal wedding and got a few million .....i've still got the magazine and it tells you how much each artist charges , and some were very cheap .....the article was headlined ;
The Stones will
Dylan might
Springsteen WON'T......what is it ?

If Chris agrees , I will have to sell one of my Ferrari's ... :(

Talking of the Stones ,what a great story when Jagger told other party guests, that the crinkles on his face were laughter lines , an old jazz guy ,George Melly ,said to him ."Nothing could have been that funny " :lol: :lol:
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi everyone,
jwanzong wrote:When the time comes maybe the fans should throw Chris a 60th birthday party and hire him as the performing act?
Hi Jenn, Why wait till he's 60? Imagine if we could do it NOW just as a fan appreciation concert and get Chris to play.I wonder if it's even possible for the regular fan to achieve such a thing or would Chris even consider such a concert or should that read John Knowles maybe. :)

Hi Alan,
alan1958 wrote:This thing is becoming very popular
I WISH but a Saudi Royal wedding we are not.
alan1958 wrote:If Chris agrees , I will have to sell one of my Ferrari's
... :(
You mean you have more than one :) :)
alan1958 wrote:Talking of the Stones ,what a great story when Jagger told other party guests, that the crinkles on his face were laughter lines , an old jazz guy ,George Melly ,said to him ."Nothing could have been that funny " :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

So this is... just that easy ?!

Things to do:
1. win at lotto,
2. get a raise,
3. win at lotto,
4. call 'em.

Seriously though, I simply do not believe Chris would be available commercially for hire... or it would be truly the Hell at the end of the Road ;)
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Zgred wrote:Seriously though, I simply do not believe Chris would be available commercially for hire... or it would be truly the Hell at the end of the Road ;)
I have to say I agree with Zgred on this one..... :lol:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm not much into 'what ifs" and "could haves" that are not feasible.
I don't think Chris thinks of himself as "for hire". He calls his own shots.

I'd much rather get invited by HIM to one of his private concerts, like he did 200 hundred fans not long ago... 8)

Now the 60th Birthday party idea could be realized if his favorite musicians got together and did it in his honor....

Lily
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

lilybee wrote:I'd much rather get invited by HIM to one of his private concerts, like he did 200 hundred fans not long ago... 8)
This sounds familiar, but I cannot remember the details... care to refresh my mind please?
Peter S...
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Peter S... »

Hi,

The party in question was at the Bush Hall in London in December 2006 to celebrate the launch of the Road To Hell and Back DVD.

Most folk there I believe were invited through various Chris Rea websites/forums.

A great night was had.

Regards,

Peter S...
Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind the guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Down on the beach
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Based on the link supplied by jwanzong it looks like he really does book private parties.
Sorry guys but after all it is a business and i'm sure he'd consider ideas that pay !
If this is truly possible -I'm in ! I'm with Alan -I'd sell 1 of my Porsches !
At least if we hired him everyone there would know who and what he is ! I'm sure at some of these corporate events some there are not even familiar with the artist (at least not like we are).
My vote -We do it and let him pick whatever he wants to play for a couple of hours or so !!
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Peter S... wrote:Hi,

The party in question was at the Bush Hall in London in December 2006 to celebrate the launch of the Road To Hell and Back DVD.

Most folk there I believe were invited through various Chris Rea websites/forums.

A great night was had.

Regards,

Peter S...
Peter , I have only spoken to one person who was at that gig .......jealous does not really do justice to how I felt ....ces't la vie ! ........But if it happens again , and you get a spare ticket , you could be the owner of the spare Ferrari :lol:
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Thanks Peter S.

Jim, I think private-party concert might not be the same as the corporate event. Somehow I cannot imagine, Chris Rea definitely cutting off the cooperation with big companies forcing him to what the mainstream needs, and now getting back to it, playing his emotional music for jet set stiffs...
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Jim M wrote:Based on the link supplied by jwanzong it looks like he really does book private parties.
Jim
Jim, I'm pretty sure that's a bogus link.... :(
(with some kind of gimmick...)

Lily
jwanzong
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by jwanzong »

I sent an email to the site and I asked my old boss who hires bands for corportate events to check it out as well He says he contacted the guy and it is just as real as the classactsbookings.com company that he currently uses. He might even use this guy's company for the next Silicon Valley Software Development Conference he is currently booking. He said they offer bands his other agent doesn't and he is considering them becasue he can hire Santana, Mick Fleetwod, Mick Hucknell/Simply Red or Depeche Mode.

Now whether or not Chris would accept an offer I woudl doubt it but hey it was just a fun idea. I woud sell my Mini Cooper although I would cry about it. :) I had to sell my porsche and ferrari to pay for my last trip to the UK to see Chris.

Take Care!
J
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

HI Jen, :D

Glad you proved me wrong about the site, :lol: :lol:

But I still doubt Chris' management would get involved on this one..... :(

Me? I will have to quit my job and school to see him play next time, :lol:

Lily