The man The voice The guitar

Vacation...

The topic previously known as "General chat"...
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Vacation...

Post by Bart »

Nothing to do with Chris, but hey, this is the "general chat" section :D and besides that, regrettably not much news about Chris...

I was wondering if you are going on a vacation... And if you do, when ? and to where ?

I will start of with myself... We will (hopefully; if everything goes right from now on...) depart our hometown Tuesday night the 29th and drive South to my parents. Over there we'll load the camping stuff and depart Wednesday night for the South of France. We'll be camping for three weeks only to return Wednesday the 20th. of August... I am looking forward to it very much, although I will miss my Chris Rea collection and my website (I am trying to say that I’ll miss YOU all these three weeks :? :D )...

IF you are still waiting to leave on a vacation; ENJOY yourselfs very much! Have fun!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Vacation...

Post by Jim M »

Bart
Have a great holiday ! Will you be GOING FISHING (just kidding i know you'll be train spotting) ?
Give me your address i'll go "BABY SIT" your CR collection.
Since i live On The Beach i'll be at home playing King of The Beach
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Peter S...
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Peter S... »

Bart,

Have a great holiday.

I am off to Garda (Italy) next week for two weeks of fine food and wine.

Regards,

Peter S...
Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind the guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Down on the beach
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Bart: have a great holiday in the south of France.
Hopefully, when you return to Holand, there will be some news about Chris Rea.
Take care,
Chris
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Jim M wrote:Have a great holiday !
THANKS!!
Jim M wrote:Will you be GOING FISHING (just kidding i know you'll be train spotting) ?
Yes, but not as much as in the previous vacation! Simply because there are not as many railroads in the provence (where we are going this year). But when I get the chance...
Jim M wrote:Give me your address i'll go "BABY SIT" your CR collection.
Okay; that's alright. Shal I just leave the door open, or put the key onder the garden-pot?
Jim M wrote:Since i live On The Beach i'll be at home playing King of The Beach
Do you realy live ON (or very nearby) the beach?!? That is truly amazing!! And how is the wheater then now over there?
Peter S... wrote:Have a great holiday.
Thanks!!
Peter S... wrote:I am off to Garda (Italy) next week...
That is a great area as well! Been there before? I have visited these regions a couple of times and I love it as much as I love the Provence in France! Are you traveling by car? or otherwise?
Peter S... wrote:two weeks of fine food and wine.
Count me in as well... Although I have been on a diet the past weeks, I'll be sure to have enough of this excetional richnes they call "food" and "wine" over there :D :D
Chris wrote:Bart: have a great holiday in the south of France.
Thank you very much Chris!
Chris wrote:Hopefully, when you return to Holand, there will be some news about Chris Rea.
Let's hope so... I guess the real news will be comming at the end of the year (or beginning of 2009, or...) and not soon after my return (altough I'd gladly stay in France untill there is some Chris Rea news; hahaha).
Will you go on vacation as well?

Oh well, don't know how much time I have left to spend on the forum (busy packing, car needs repairs, etc) but I have made some modifications to the settings of the forum yesterday and last weekend, so I hope everything goes alright when I am gone... Take care!
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Have a great time Bart! :D

Maybe we can do the wall papers before you go....?

I have 3 weeks off from school, but we still have to work.

However, we'll spend a long weekend in Daytona and another in Mexico Beach, (also Florida) .... 8)

We don't live by the beach like Jim, but we have a nice pool that makes up for it, :lol:

Enjoy your vacations everybody!! :D
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Bart,

To answer your question: no, we won't be going anyplace soon. That is until the middle of September when we intend to travel to Munich, for the annual beer festival, the Oktoberfest! We always have a lot of fun there; sightseeing, shopping and drinking a few beers too!
As far as camping, we've done that in the 70s and 80s. We've traveled a lot including south of France (Camargue, Stes-Maries-de-la-Mer), Avignon (Cotes-Du-Rhone), Cotes-De-Provence. Camping used to be inexpensive; gasoline was affordable. I'm sure your parents already told you how is used to be....
So, happy motoring and have a wonderful time in France!
Best regards,
Chris
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Bart
I live in a Beach comunity where people from Vancouver used to have thier cottages.
We have an older log home (former cottage) 1 short block from the beach.
The area is called Crescent Beach and is very small (400 homes).
You can spot me as i'm the guy with the King of the Beach T shirt my nieghbour made for me (i've turned him into a CR fan).Our weather has been decent 20-25 C so we play tourist and enjoy our Beach.
Jim
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Bart , have a lovely holiday .....as for me ...well ..
My son is just back from 2 weeks in Florida with our friends... :D
My daughter is just back from Barcalona with her friends... :D
My wife is just back from France with her friends... :D
oh , and I have staff problems and cannot get a holiday :( :( :( :(
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

lilybee wrote:However, we'll spend a long weekend in Daytona and another in Mexico Beach, (also Florida) .... 8)
Well, TO ME ... Florida sounds like a vacation on it's own. Of course I understand it is for you "just" a place nearby to where you live and that you like to take a vacation to other places as well, but for me "Florida" just has something "magic"...
lilybee wrote:We don't live by the beach like Jim, but we have a nice pool that makes up for it, :lol:
That sounds great; you have really your own pool? In the garden? WONDERFULL!!!
Chris wrote:no, we won't be going anyplace soon.
Well, September/October is soon, isn't it?!? It's just that you have a smaller chance for good wheatear (but look at 2 or 3 years ago, when we had more then 22 degrees in October for some weeks!)
Chris wrote:That is until the middle of September when we intend to travel to Munich, for the annual beer festival, the Oktoberfest! We always have a lot of fun there; sightseeing, shopping and drinking a few beers too!
Sounds great.... I really don't drink any beer; I hate it (LOVE every other kind of alcohol, just no beer); but even if it were "just" for the ambience (is this correct english?) it would be great as well, to experience this once (or more).
Chris wrote:(Camargue, Stes-Maries-de-la-Mer), Avignon (Cotes-Du-Rhone), Cotes-De-Provence.
Well, we are going to the Luberon (20km from Avignon) and to the Haute-Provence, but I have visited all the named places many times!
Chris wrote:Camping used to be inexpensive; gasoline was affordable. I'm sure your parents already told you how is used to be....
You say it correctly; USED to be... It is NOT anymore :( :( Leaving the exploded Gas-prices (nearly doubled for Diesel-fuel!) behind, camping’s became expensive as well... I think overall, when we return we have spend MORE money then a luxurious flying-holiday to ... would have cost. It is just that I like camping that much, but it is no where near "cheap" anymore... :? :? :shock:
Jim M wrote:You can spot me as i'm the guy with the King of the Beach T shirt my neighbor made for me (I’ve turned him into a CR fan).
That sounds great. Do you have any photos of this self-made shirt?!?
alan1958 wrote:oh , and I have staff problems and cannot get a holiday :( :( :( :(
Alan, that sounds really terrible :( I guess judging from what you say you have your own business... and then it is always difficult to get on vacation. I know because Gabrielle's parents have their own electronics store in the world-famous "Amsterdam" and they are always having problems with their staff and vacations as well. As I advise them, I'll say as well to you... You "work" to "live" and not the other way around! Always try to find small opportunities to make the most of life and sometimes you might have to leave some things behind although you actually couldn't. Good luck with your staff, and I still hope you will be able to make the most of enjoying the summer...
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Hey everyone,

Bart, let me wish you a great-great holiday!! By the way, if you stay until August the 20th why don't you make a turn a day before to get to Budapest and see our national holiday with the great fireworks? :D

As for me I'm just back from Balaton Lake (West-Hungary) but I'll return there probably next weekend to watch the Olympics from the garden-pool...
And if everything's going on well I'll visit the bulgarian beach in the last week of August.

Great holidays to you all,
Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

I'll be off now... Thanks everybody for your kind whishes and have yourselfs a great summer as well. I hope everything goes well with the board, as it is a bit unstable lately. Whatever happens, I will be back end of august!

BY EVERONE!! :D :D

PS; will be turning the pc off now, so won't be reading any reactions ;)
mark hughes
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by mark hughes »

Enjoy your holiday Bart and everyone else.

I've spent this evening surfing the Internet looking for a house to rent on the beach on the Greek island of Skiathos. We've not been there before so I've e-mailed a few places and just need to wait to see what's available.
...In this garden I will burn my callous robes...
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

OK Bart's gone Let's talk about him and do stuff we're not supposed to -we've got a month before he'll catch us !!!
Jim
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Jim M wrote:OK Bart's gone Let's talk about him and do stuff we're not supposed to -we've got a month before he'll catch us !!!
Jim
Well done Jim , beat me to it :lol: :lol: :lol: