The man The voice The guitar

Other artists.

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
seth
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Other artists.

Post by seth »

Anyone (all of us) who enjoy Chris Rea's music, should also check out the two Best Of Cd's by Leonard Cohen. Also one called "Ten New Songs."
Rolling Stone once commented on him saying ..."the only living poet/musician derserved of the title." He has an exceptional voice (which you either love or hate), and his lyrics are deeply profound. His newer material is more glossy and professional, but keep in mind that this guy's been around since the '50's. He is extremely well respected among other bands and there are 1038 cover versions of his work.

Seth.
seth paul duncan
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Other artists.

Post by Bart »

Anyone (all of us) who enjoy Chris Rea's music, should also check out the two Best Of Cd's by Leonard Cohen.
Hello Seth,

Well I don;t think I've ever heard any music of him, but I did hear more Rea-fans saying they also like this artist. Perhaps I should check him out a time... Do you know of a website where I can hear some samples of the music ?? Most of the time when I start listening to other artists (I've got these "periods" that I listen 24/7 to the Eagles, or ...) it is only temporary (well I tend to listen once in a while 1 CD or so ...). Chris is the only artist I've been keep listening to for over 12 years ... Never got borred of it ...

But I think I shoulc give this Cohen a try ...

REAgards, Bart[/quote]
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)