The man The voice The guitar

Slam Dunk Record from Tift Merritt

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
chrisreafan

Slam Dunk Record from Tift Merritt

Post by chrisreafan »

For Traveling Alone, Tift Merritt's Yep Roc Records label debut, Merritt put together her dream cast to make a record that was real, raw and live off the floor. Recorded in Brooklyn in 8 days, this album was produced by Tucker Martine (The Decemberists, My Morning Jacket), features a guest appearance by Andrew Bird and a band that includes Marc Ribot (Tom Waits), Eric Heywood (Pretenders, Son Volt), John Convertino (Calexico) and longtime collaborator Jay Brown. These songs were written and traveled by Tift Merritt.

My input: Number 7 the beginning; "Small Talk Relations". Record 9.5/10 Could have been a 10 if Chris Rea was involved also from number 7 until the end. :D
poolie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: Slam Dunk Record from Tift Merritt

Post by poolie »

Thanks for the "heads up" on this one. Saw Tiff supporting Dwight Yoakam in the UK a couple of years ago mainly through the coverage Bob Harris gave her. Still lovin' Still Pretending and Good Hearted Man on my in car entertainment!

poolie
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Okay, yes that's why i mention it, and some agreement is not bad for the human spirit. Lately downloaded the lastest from Yoakam, 3 Peers, which i assume you already noticed.
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Also read that she intended the inauragation (hope i spell it right) of Obama in 2008, which was a huge succes; not only for him. Last, you can listen to the whole record on Spotify.