The man The voice The guitar

Bob Dylan & Mark Knopfler Tour

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
Jim M
Support
Support

Bob Dylan & Mark Knopfler Tour

Post by Jim M »

I see Bob Dylan & Mark Knopfler will be touring North America this fall.
Unfortunately they will be in Vancouver when I'm away but should be a good concert (depending if Dylan is back in his mumbling faze or not) !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Bob Dylan & Mark Knopfler Tour

Post by Bart »

Great! I just started playing all my direstraits CD's again this very week! Hmmm....
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Hi Jim ...........I was at this gig on the earlier part of the tour ......Bob stood stage right , played a keyboard all night , no guitar , then occasionally would appear centre-stage , howling away on his harmonica , with a stance that was reminicent to Jimmy Cagney .......Actually it was quite endearing :) .....The band rocked like crazy , with guitarist Charlie --- (80's - BIG hair ) really letting rip with some awesome riffs and solo's ...It was the heaviest I've ever seen him !

But a pal saw him last month (cannot remember where , as he travels all over the world with his wife to see Bob ) .....Bob sat the whole evening at a Grand Piano !!!!! Apparently it was wonderful :)

Bart , I wouldn't go too this gig expecting Knopfler to play much Dire Straiits .....it's a very folky band , with accordians , fiddles etc.......My audience seemed quite bored ....90 minutes of unknown introspective stuff ......He did play Brothers In Arms near the end of the set , but even it was played sooooo slowly that it was hardly worth the effort .....

Sorry to be so negative .....But hey ,that's just the way I am :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

alan1958 wrote:Bart , I wouldn't go too this gig expecting Knopfler to play much Dire Straiits .....it's a very folky band , with accordians , fiddles etc.......My audience seemed quite bored ....90 minutes of unknown introspective stuff ......He did play Brothers In Arms near the end of the set , but even it was played sooooo slowly that it was hardly worth the effort .....
Sorry to be so negative .....But hey ,that's just the way I am :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hello Alan;

Thanks for your response. Regretably I wasn't planning on going to this concert (too far away!) but just funny that I had rediscovered Dire straits in the week Jim posts about Mark...
I know the Knopfler style is far away from the Dire Straits, but I love his music as well. Very relaxing!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Thanks Bart .... I'd read your post on my phone , and at my age it's really hard to take in information in small writing :D :D

Yeah , it's funny when you randomly start listening to a old band , and all of a sudden they appear all the time :shock:
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Thanks Alan -I think I'll take a pass on this one.They are playing a horrible venue and interestingly they are barely mentioning Mark Knoepfler in thier promotion ads (I now know why).I've only seen Dylan once and you could barely understand him.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea