The man The voice The guitar

Awesome Guitar!

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
mark hughes
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Awesome Guitar!

Post by mark hughes »

For those who don't have the album that this song came from, as it was never released as a single, I thought I would post this live version. It's one of those songs I could listen to again and again and it sounds even better each time!

Dire Straits - You & Your Friend.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zHVaA5VUajE

The guitar playing from 4 minutes into the song onwards is awesome. :)
...In this garden I will burn my callous robes...
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: Awesome Guitar!

Post by lilybee »

Excellent!!

Mark's always one of my favorites, :D
(Knopfler, that is :lol: )

Lily
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Mark/Lily,
mark hughes wrote:It's one of those songs I could listen to again and again and it sounds even better each time!
Totally agree,I love to listen to this very loud with headphones on.Some of the best guitar playing ever to be seen.The more I listen to Mark Knopfler or Dire Straits the more I get to like them.Knopfler especially
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
mark hughes
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by mark hughes »

The only disappointing thing about the song is the length of it. I think, as someone else stated on the comments, that it seems to end just when it's really getting started but maybe it's meant to do that to leave us wanting more? 8)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

I think it might be meant to be like this just to keep us coming back for more which you would anyway cause this is so good.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

LOVE the Dire Straits, specially live. Back in the early 90's I had to choose from my parents between going to a Chris Rea concert or the Dire Straits. On one side I am glad I choose Chris (else this could have been a Dire Straits - fan forum...) on the other, I have seen Chris many times thereafter and the Dire Straits never performed in The Netherlands again :( :(

Thanks for the link!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
mark hughes
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by mark hughes »

Hi Bart,

I hope you had a good holiday. :)

Did you get chance to see Mark on his current tour? I know he played 3 concerts in the Netherlands.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

mark hughes wrote:I hope you had a good holiday. :)
Did you get chance to see Mark on his current tour? I know he played 3 concerts in the Netherlands.
Hello Mark;

Thanks! Yes, the holiday was great... I'll write something in the right topic soon.. About Mark; no I haven't seen him live. I love his music but I am not such a great fan to pay so much money to see him. I though his Straits era was far better... And I have to choose who to see, and who not. And since I tried to see Chris as many times as possible (financially and money wise) I had to skip most other concerts. I did see Celine Dion this year in Amsterdam (Gabrielle is fan) and I am going to see Tina (Turner, that is) next year (just have to her once in a lifetime, although she will propably outlive me :D )
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Bart,
Bart wrote:am going to see Tina (Turner, that is) next year
Just as well you put the surname in...I was nearly going to ask you when you were coming to Dublin :lol: :lol:
I wouldn't mind seeing Tina Turner either.I think she is a true survivor to think that she is still here after all she has been through.
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Bart
Celine Dion ?
Now that's one Canadian i'd gladly let you have !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Hey Bart,

First it's great to see you back!
Bart wrote:I am going to see Tina (Turner, that is) next year (just have to her once in a lifetime, although she will propably outlive me :D )
Well you're lucky there in The Netherlands as you only have to go to another city in your country... you know I'm about to do the same thing regarding TT and so I'll need to go another country; and not a neighbour one... But anyway it's worth the journey.

Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Jim M wrote:Bart
Celine Dion ?
Jim
("don't shoot me", but I agree with Jim)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Jim, way "out of topic" here, but a few of my other favorite Canadians are Bryan Adams (mentioned before), Colin James (so cool), The Band (yes, Bob's The Band), The Guess Who, Avril Lavigne, Sarah McLachlan, K.D. Lang, Alanis Morissette, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young and of course...
Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux!! Told ya I was way out of topic, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lily
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

chrismiller wrote:First it's great to see you back!
Thanks! Although I would have loved to stay a bit longer, it is indeed great to be back...
chrismiller wrote:Well you're lucky there in The Netherlands as you only have to go to another city in your country... you know I'm about to do the same thing regarding TT and so I'll need to go another country
Yes, I only have to drive like 100km to go and see her, which is great. To which country will you be traveling?
Jim M wrote: Celine Dion ?
As I said before, it is Gabriëlle that is the fan (and Mariah Carey; we have seen her live as well!) but I think she is really good. Of course something completely different from CR, but great in her own way. The concert was one big show of light, dancers, etc. which was great to watch! And of course I like (not love) some of her songs...
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

lilybee wrote:
Jim M wrote:Bart

Hey Jim, way "out of topic" here, but a few of my other favorite Canadians are Bryan Adams (mentioned before), Colin James (so cool), The Band (yes, Bob's The Band), The Guess Who, Avril Lavigne, Sarah McLachlan, K.D. Lang, Alanis Morissette, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young and of course...
Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux!! Told ya I was way out of topic, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lily
Back to topic and other Canadians that play awsome guitar.Have you heard Jim Byrnes /Jessee Cook (Flamenco guitar) /Randy Bachman (jazz thing CD) /Gregory Hoskins (not a guitar player but very good) also Mark Jordan who's married to Amy Sky.AS a matter of fact speaking of THE BAND (many years ago before he was anyone famous) i met and smoked a J w/Robbie Robertson and Randy Bachman's grandmother lived next door to my grandmother.WE CAnadians ALL know each other !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Lily said;
Hey Jim, way "out of topic" here, but a few of my other favorite ... K.D. Lang .......

Ingenue is one of my fave all-time albums ....seen her 4 times live ....what a live singer :shock: :shock:
1st time on the Ingenue tour , I was spellbound that someone can be so powerful , but not screaming and going up and down the scales just to show off , like vocal acrobatics ......... K.D. Lang's voice soars ...a bit like a female Roy Orbison :)