The man The voice The guitar

John Mayer anyone?

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
mark hughes
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

John Mayer anyone?

Post by mark hughes »

Do we have any John Mayer fans on here? I didn't know much about him until I saw his performance, on TV, at Glastonbury this year and I must say I was blown away by his guitar playing. Quite a young chap as well so is he going to bring the appeal of Blues music to a modern day younger audience? Let's hope so!

Here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qla13aWrNP4
...In this garden I will burn my callous robes...
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Re: John Mayer anyone?

Post by alan1958 »

Hi Mark , yeah , i've been listening to John Mayer for a few years now :) Watched him the other night on a double dvd with my son the other night :) Eric Clapton - Crossroads Guitar Festival [2004] .......superb ,and was not overshadowed by the likes of Clapton ,R.Cray ,Joe Walsh ,Santana etc.......great dvd for any geetar fans :D :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eric-Clapton-Cr ... 050&sr=1-4
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

I agree John Mayer is great ! If you like new young guitar players check out Jonny Lang /Jesse Cook (flamenco guitar) and Quinn Sulivan (AGE 9) who played w/ Buddy Guy.Also check new Buddy Guy (AGE 72)CD Skin Deep (fantastic).
I've also been listening to John Lee Hooker especially his songs w/Santana -Chill Out and The Healer WOW !!
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Jim M wrote:I agree John Mayer is great ! If you like new young guitar players check out Jonny Lang /Jesse Cook (flamenco guitar) and Quinn Sulivan (AGE 9) who played w/ Buddy Guy.Also check new Buddy Guy (AGE 72)CD Skin Deep (fantastic).
I've also been listening to John Lee Hooker especially his songs w/Santana -Chill Out and The Healer WOW !!
Jim
]The Healer WOW !!.......thanks Jim ,forgot about that one ....will just go and dig it out and give it a blast ...what a record 8)