The man The voice The guitar

New fan from USA

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
lin796

New fan from USA

Post by lin796 »

Hi! My name is Linda and I'm a new fan of Chris'. I have always loved, "On the Beach", but never knew who sang it. I looked it up a couple of weeks ago and found that not only did Chris sing this, but another of my faves, "Fool if You Think It's Over". I never connected the same singer with both songs! I have now been listening to all of Chris' music non-stop! It's like discovering a secret treasure! What a tremedous musician, songwriter and singer! His voice is like nothing else! I only wish he'd tour here in the US. So glad to have found this site! I want to bring Chris to the rest of the US! What is he doing now?
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Re: New fan from USA

Post by veherny »

You are welcome Linda!!
We assume you are working on a new project!!
Still we have no indication yet Linda!!

Kisses
jlandon033
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: New fan from USA

Post by jlandon033 »

Hello Linda my name is Joe and I'm from Texas. My Chris Rea "obsession" kinda happended like yours. I saw the On the Beach video on VH1 back in 1988 and absolutely loved the song. I also recognized the voice from the song "Fool" which is played all the time on american soft pop classic stations, as you well know. So I went out and purchased the cassette "New Lights" and loved it. The guitar playing on that album was very Mark Knopfler like. In addition I was suprised to find the song "Working On It" on the cassette which had been played a few times on the local rock station. I thought it was a new Springsteen single the first time I heard it. I have been a Rea fanatic ever since. I even took a trip to England in 1991 to see him in Concert. I got terrific seats through the fan club and saw him perform his last two shows of his Auberge tour @ Wembley Arena.