The man The voice The guitar

Hello from Thornhill

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
dmytrobryushkov
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Hello from Thornhill

Post by dmytrobryushkov »

Hi for everyone
My name is Dmytro, I am ethnic Ukrainian from Canada, I live in Thornhill- a town an the northern border of Toronto, Ontario. In 1992 , I listened songs "The Road to Hell", "On the beach in first time". I was amazed such beautiful performance, wonderful lyrics and magic music. I started to collect Chris Rea's songs, and discovered the new world- the world of gold rock ballads, blues and very romantic poetry. I would like to communicate with other people, who likes Chris Rea's songs. I am a member of Chris Rea's Facebook Blue Page, where I also communicate with other worshipers of Chris Rea's talent. As the person, fluent in a few languages, I started to practice with poetic translations of the Chris Rea's songs in Russian, to make sure, they are fit to the original music. 2 years ago I decided to translate 60 the best songs of Chris to the Russian, and supposed to finish this by March 04, 2011- the day, when Chris would celebrate his 60th birthday. And finally, I did it! At the present time, I am going to start with translation of his the most resent album- Santo Spirito, which looks as the good example of the modern classic music, similar to music of Aram Khachaturian. I will be glad to communicate with everyone, who likes and wanders Chris Rea's songs.
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Hello from Thornhill

Post by Jim M »

Hi Dmytro & welcome
There a couple of other Canadians on the site as well.Also a few Russian fans.
If you're a Chris Rea fan you have friends here!
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea