The man The voice The guitar

'ello from Finland

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
FXP
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

'ello from Finland

Post by FXP »

I tought i'd start with one of these posts to introduce myself.

My name is Willem (a dutch name, yes) im 20 years old, male, and live in Helsinki, the capital of Finland.

I have listened to Chris for a couple of years now. The first few months i only listened to three tracks (On the beach, Road to hell and Auberge), and really liked them, but never got round to check out more of Chris music. One day, though i just tought, maybe this guy has some more equally brilliant tunes, and i have never looked back since. I now own all of his albums, except the 12 Blue guitars discs.

I enjoy both his older stuff, and his newer, more blues-orientated stuff.

Dont know what more to say, i guess i'll leave it at that. (:
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: 'ello from Finland

Post by Bart »

Hello Willem;

Welcome to the forum!
Great to have you on board and also good to read that also the younger guard can appriciate Chris! Regrettably there is not much going on here at the moment, but that 'll sure change once news about new material is released.
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
FXP
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by FXP »

Wonder if im the youngest member here.

Personally i have never met a person the same age as me, who would listen to Chris. Most of my friends listen to modern radio-frendly, "cookiecutter"-made tunes, ranging from Lady gaga to the boomboom-rock/metal wich fills 99% of Finnish radio, bands like Volbeat and Disturbed an so forth, wich i absolutely despise.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Hello !

Nice to see other Chris Rea fans from Finland down here :)

Cheers

Mr_Blues
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Willem -WELCOME !
You're just ahead of your friends !
Once they outgrow "POP music" they'll find someone like Chris with a little more substance.
If you get a chance to P/U Blue Guitars (you can find fairly cheap online) do so -especially if you like his blues stuff.THere is ALOT of music there !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
FXP
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by FXP »

Hello the both of you, nice to see a fellow Finn here aswell.

I'd love to get the Blue guitars albums, with the books and all. Need to keep looking. Werent there a total of 138 tracks on all BG albums put together?

I often wonder what would happen if you put something like "Loving you again" or "Josephine" on in a finnish club full of young people, would they grab their partner (if got one) and dance to it, or would everybody just be bored, and ask for the typical discopop to be put back on, wich i belive all clubs play all the time.
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Willem
Chris did have his "disco phase" (which as I've said before I'm not a fan of) which is around The Road To Hell 2 time frame.He did several EP's such as New Time Sq. /On The Beach etc. as dance tunes.He also fairly recently said he likes new artists sampling his music for dance club music.Not my cup of tea but I think you're right in that alot of his music could easily be adapted to club music.I've mentioned this before but I find the discography at www.chrisrea.biz is the best out there.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
FXP
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by FXP »

Yeah, i know. As i said, i own all his albums except the Blue Guitars. And i like all of his work, there are not many tunes that i dislike.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

FXP wrote:Yeah, i know. As i said, i own all his albums except the Blue Guitars. And i like all of his work, there are not many tunes that i dislike.
I think that the Blue Guitars is the best work from Chris so far.
So I really suggest you get that thing as soon as possible :D

http://cdon.fi/musiikki/rea_chris/blue_guitars-530088

that´s link to cdon.com from where you can get it with 58 euros, not too much for over 130 songs :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
FXP
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by FXP »

Yeah. Just a shame that you cant get the books from anywhere anymore. Well, except eBay.