The man The voice The guitar

Hello from Oxford

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
nickaddison
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Hello from Oxford

Post by nickaddison »

Hello all - I've been lurking about for a while but only realised that I hadn't actually registered when I went to post something after the Bush Hall gig - thanks for sorting me out so quickly Bart :D

I got into Chris many years ago, mainly through my father who was a big fan though sadly never got to see him live. After he passed away in 2001 the first thing that I got enthused about again was when I ordered a Caterham 7 Fireblade, and attended the Lotus 7 Club trackday at Brands Hatch that December to have a test drive on the circuit. I was standing round the back of the pits with my wife, when I quietly said to her "er, isn't that Chris Rea over there?" Chris was there was his Caterham and a group of mates, but as he was just there as a normal club member to enjoy himself and no-one else was making a fuss I didn't say anything

Fast forward a couple of years and I was about to order my ticket for the "Road to Hell & Back" tour. Carolyn had accompanied me previously and didn't fancy it again so soon, so not wanting to be a Billy-no-mates went on the Lotus 7 Club forum to ask if anyone else wanted to come. Thanks to the car connection Chris has a lot of fans in the club and I ended up buying 16 tickets and organising a big trip!

I have also been lucky enough to attend the last 2 Bush Hall shows. Here's to many more years......
philippe_wurtz
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Re: Hello from Oxford

Post by philippe_wurtz »

welcome to you,

lucky you.....

Phil